Have you ever protested or marched against something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum

I went on a "troops out" demo in London back in 2007. It was a great day, lots of genuinely angry people standing up for what they believe in. I got to see Tony Benn speak too!

PaulB

Legendary Member
i used to be a keen visitor to RAR (Rock against Racism) shows which were held all over the country in opposition to the NF. I used to go along on protest marches to the parks where the shows were being held. I also manned several picket lines in my time and helped the miners as much as I could spiritually and financially in the 84 strike. They were great days where solidarity meant so much but has now almost been totally eradicated. Such a shame.

Not been on a demo since the 2003 don't lets go to war chaps one.Think my first was a union organised one in the early seventies (it was a family thing), I had a placard that said 'ban the bill' but as I was about 10 can't remember what bill (Oddie?) but not only did I get the day off school but I was on the local six o'clock news! I think questions were asked by my school but my AUEW chairman grandad told them 'I was getting a bloody education'.
Reading this post has made me remember what a buzz they are, just need a cause to get me off my arse and back on the streets, any ideas?

Top Bottom