Have you ever protested or marched against something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Critical Mass

In secondary school we all refused to go to lessons because of the war. Lots of people ran out of school and went to the shops as part of their protest (and got a £50 fine).

tyred

Legendary Member
Protested against the closure of a local hospital last month.

Kablinsky

zimzum42 said:
A few Mayday ones, a few fees ones when a student, the don't go to war one in 2003.

Eventually stopped going as got fed up with the SWP types that ruin every protest

Shaun Wright-Phillips?

MichaelM

Guru
User76 said:
I was at a demo, 25 years ago today actually.

I was there with a largish group of mates and colleagues, called off of an exercise we were taking part in. We mostly sat in a Land Rover waiting and waiting for our time. No-one got through to us though, which was probably just as well really. I don't think we would have been so nicey nicey as the Wiltshire Police were:evil:

Name that protest.

Greenham Common ?

gavintc

Guru
About 20 yrs ago I stood in downtown Nicosia wearing a blue beret while a very large and angry crowd were doing their best to break through the UN line into the Turkish Sector. It got quite violent at one point. All we had was riot shields, no batons and we kept them out with just force of numbers and arresting the odd one or two who broke through our line.

The nest day we were operating in the countryside and I was a large olive plantation. Same deal, just less of us and less of them. It was like a violent game of tag. They came running, we would tackle them, handcuff them and put them on a truck - over and over again. Initially it was quite novel, but as the day wore on, it became pretty monotonous. Had they got through, the Turks would have shot them.

HeyWayne

I was in Tiananmen Square once - there was some students getting a bit jippy about something. Before I knew it, some Chinese fecker was aiming a tank at me. Scared me sh*tless, I was rooted to the spot.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
User76 said:
I was at a demo, 25 years ago today actually.

I was there with a largish group of mates and colleagues, called off of an exercise we were taking part in. We mostly sat in a Land Rover waiting and waiting for our time. No-one got through to us though, which was probably just as well really. I don't think we would have been so nicey nicey as the Wiltshire Police were:evil:

Name that protest.
Bob?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Several different things as a student, but I can't remember what half of them were for now.

The last one I did was a protest not to close our local hospital, the Vale Of Leven ( ...yes of C - DIFF fame).

They are transferring everything over to Paisely, which is actually quite a distance away (even in a car) and on the south side of the Clyde.
IT'S NO USE, particularly if you live further north than we do :angry:

In all seriousness, SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE because they didn't get enough help in time due to all that traveling!! :biggrin::tongue:!

As an aside, I have attended the Haemotology day been unit at 'The Vale', on and off for quite a number of years, and I have NEVER had any problems with the place!

Ok, it might be a bit old, run down and sparse, but the place really DOES work!!
They have already closed the likes of the Accident and Emergency departments, leaving only a Minor Injuries department, so, if you are up at Loch Lomond, DON'T have a bad accident, ok??
What they have closed already makes it a tragedy for our local area, but if they get rid of the lot, then we really WILL be in the brown stuff!!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Greedo said:

I just thought the two statements sat uneasily together, that's all. And it coincided with something related I noticed in P&L. I might start a thread about it. If I can be arsed...

OP
OP
G

Greedo

theclaud said:
I just thought the two statements sat uneasily together, that's all. And it coincided with something related I noticed in P&L. I might start a thread about it. If I can be arsed...

Half see your point. Maybe "hate wrong doing" was a tad strong. Still never made me want to go and protest though!:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
'Not in my name' anti-war one in 2003, a few CND ones, and picketing of South Africa House back in the apartheid days. I was young and idealistic then.

Top Bottom