Have you ever....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Mucho kudos if you managed it whilst riding a fixie :becool:

Somewhere you can find a podcast or similar of the legendary George (Mr McNasty) Berwick in conversation on Scottish radio. The interviewer asked George about his (still current) Scottish 24hr record. George answered that he was really going for it that day, and didn't even stop to pee... which was, he said, quite difficult on a fixed-wheel.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I was in full flow, still astride the bike, in a country lane. I heard a car coming up behind me. It slowed, stopped. Two elderly women started asking me for directions.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I was in full flow, still astride the bike, in a country lane. I heard a car coming up behind me. It slowed, stopped. Two elderly women started asking me for directions.
The "directions" were probably a decoy. Elderly women don't get huge amounts of excitement.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Similar to my OP, but t'other end of the body.
Many moons ago, I had picked up food poisoning, from a dodgy cafe, and was feeling exceedingly queasy as I drove round the south Derby ring road. I was about to be sick so pulled to the side of the road and clambered rapidly over to the passenger side of the truck and quickly wound down the window (yes, vehicle windows used to be manually operated!)

A youngish couple walked over towards me thinking I'd stopped to ask for directions..
Luckily, they had good reactions as the inevitable happened and leapt out of the way!! xx( xx( xx( :rain:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Now that the nights are getting lighter, I'm making sure I'm well 'empty' before I hit the cycle path home. I used to get a few hundred yards from my street on the access ramp to the Railway Path when my bladder would insist I pee. And of course, within nanoseconds of starting, some cyclist with a 5 billion lumens light would come riding towards me in full flow...:blush:.

Top Bottom