Have you had a hand written letter from a Jehovah's Witness ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I had a friend at school who was JW. Eldest of the family's kids, he was called Adam. Next up was Benjamin. So it continued through the alphabet, I think there were about seven or eight of them in all. Lovely people.

My Dad has a collection of fossils, some on display in his porch. JWs are a regular, he always insists on discussing the age of the fossils with them. It's probably quite hard for the JWs to escape...

That reminds me...the large ammonite I got out of a trial pit in Swindon.......:okay:.

I just this morning had a typed letter but hand-addressed to the 'Neighbour', quoting Jesus etc. We do have Kingdom Hall JW about 100 yards away but in 12 years of living here, its the first time they've gone into 'recruit mode'. I'm a wee bit (practicing there for my retirement in Scotland:okay:) irked that they appear to be using a pandemic to recruit. But then again, religion does go for the young and also weaker, vulnerable members of society and in lockdown, anxiety is on the rise.....

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Yeah that's Mormons. They also used to have better than average British teeth, though the godless Brits seem to have caught up in the race for dazzling Hampsteads. It'd like they've been beamed in from Pleasantville, Utah into what must look like a very 3rd world country of unkempt savages with wild guttural speech and a pervasive smell of beer, farts and weed.
Farts & weed😄😄😄😄😄😄

Actually just remembered - we never get JWs etc - but some came round at a previous house.

They wanted to leave a leaflet and were quite pushy
They got a bit confused when I refused it on moral grounds as I would just throw it in the recycling - but if they kept it then it would mean one less leaflet printed - which would save world resources (OK not much but it builds up) and save them money

I think they get confused by weird responses because they get very used to the normal ones

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I received one yesterday, posted to me, not hand delivered. It's quite badly written, but I suppose hand writing is a dying skill as most posts are computer typed these days. Anyway, If I received one then others will also be receiving one, if they haven't already.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A handwritten letter; thrusting your beliefs though my door and down my throat; would likely invoke an individually themed response from me in return 😎

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
They’ve stopped knocking at my door since I tried to convince them to support Swindon Town.

I support Swindon and think that eveyone else should support them as well. 😬

As they turned to depart with a frantic look on their faces I urged them to take a match day programme away with them to study at their leisure. 😂

Quality 🙁

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They’ve stopped knocking at my door since I tried to convince them to support Swindon Town.

I support Swindon and think that eveyone else should support them as well. 😬

As they turned to depart with a frantic look on their faces I urged them to take a match day programme away with them to study at their leisure. 😂

Swindon Town?

They clearly knew you were beyond redemption! 😆

Top Bottom