Have you met anyone famous while cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Former British road race champion Sid Barras got worried about me and descended the Col de Rates (Costa Blanca) to find out what had happened to me. I told him that I wasn't fit enough to stay with him and the rest of the group. He gave me a push up the climb for a km or so before I sent him on his way to avoid holding the entire group up! :blush:

A.N.Other former British road race champion and top pro Robert Millar lent me a wheel after I discovered a gash in my tyre just before another ride on the Costa Blanca.

And a 3rd famous rider out there, Marcel Wüst, fiddled with my saddle because he didn't like the way it was set up!

I have spotted, been dropped by, helped by, or ignored by lots of other well-known riders over the years! :laugh:

No one while out cycling, but I've met a fair few racing drivers over the years in my time down on the fenceline with a camera.

A lot of guys from the BTCC; Matt, Neal, Jason Plato, Yvan Muller, John Cleland, Anthony Reid, David Leslie etc. A few F1 drivers; Derek Warwick, Jackie Stewart, Takuma Sato, Martin Brundle, Gabriele Tarquini, Jos Verstappen, Heikki Kovalainen, Nelson Piquet Jr... Plus a few other names you may recognise; Andy Priaulx, Michael Vergers, Peter Dumbreck, Dario & Marino Franchitti, Justin Wilson, Nicholas Minassian, Colin White, Ben Collins aka The Stig, Darren Turner, Kelvin Burt...

Derek Warwick has to be one of the kindest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I rode with Chris Froome, on a ride from Southampton to Winchester via Stockbridge last year.

I went on a ride with Rio Gold medal winning Hockey player Alex Danson last year.

IMG_3566.JPG

She's the one with the green bit on her jersey.

I met Chris Boardman when I rode the tour of Britain London stage the other year.

IMG_1420.JPG

I also met ( and rode with ) endurance cycling legend Mark Beaumont at the same event.

IMG_2060.JPG

I met Graeme Obree last year, having cycled to the cinema

IMG_2475.JPG

I also met some of the other Team Sky riders after riding up to London.

IMG_1435.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3723.JPG
    IMG_3723.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 31

Tim Hall

I met that bloke Simon Legg a few times. Usually after dark.
Probably for the best.

No one while out cycling, but I've met a fair few racing drivers over the years in my time down on the fenceline with a camera.

A lot of guys from the BTCC; Matt, Neal, Jason Plato, Yvan Muller, John Cleland, Anthony Reid, David Leslie etc. A few F1 drivers; Derek Warwick, Jackie Stewart, Takuma Sato, Martin Brundle, Gabriele Tarquini, Jos Verstappen, Heikki Kovalainen, Nelson Piquet Jr... Plus a few other names you may recognise; Andy Priaulx, Michael Vergers, Peter Dumbreck, Dario & Marino Franchitti, Justin Wilson, Nicholas Minassian, Colin White, Ben Collins aka The Stig, Darren Turner, Kelvin Burt...

Derek Warwick has to be one of the kindest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
If we're including non cycling meetings, then that's a whole new can of worms.

IMG_2001.JPG

Buzz Aldrin.

IMG_0133.JPG

The Queen.

IMG_2283.JPG

Richard Attwood ( with iconic Porsche )

IMG_0822.JPG

Ken Block

IMG_0824.JPG

Sir Stirling Moss.

IMG_0849.JPG

Gene Simmons.

IMG_0917.JPG

Joey the Warhorse from the show 'Warhorse'

IMG_2824.JPG

2016 Red arrows

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I met Chris Boardman when I rode the tour of Britain London stage the other year.

View attachment 337416

I also met ( and rode with ) endurance cycling legend Mark Beaumont at the same event.

View attachment 337417
Me too. Was @Justinslow there too or am I confused?

I've encountered Prince Harry as he revved around on a quad bike. I've not yet seen any of the royals and politicians who reportedly cycle in coastal Norfolk.

Top Bottom