He touched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never done it, I usually try to use a barrier if possible if not I unclip. Just not something I would do, in the same way as I would not sit or lean on someone's car. And if he pulls away unexpectedly you look pretty foolish on the ground!

G2EWS

I have to agree with 'I like Skol'.

Why would you put your hand on a car that may have dirt on it and when you move your hand you scratch the car?

Seems very inconsiderate to me and lazy if all you have to do is unclip.

I told a lad off, for wiping his hand across the wet bonnet of my car ans splashing his mate with the water. His Mother was very indignant and said, 'is your car worth more than my son having a bit of fun'?

'It certainly is' I replied, 'unless you are happy to pay for the bonnet to be detailed where he will most certainly of scratched it'! She went off in a huff!

Respect! That's all you need.

Regards

Chris

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I have to agree with 'I like Skol'.

Why would you put your hand on a car that may have dirt on it and when you move your hand you scratch the car?

Seems very inconsiderate to me and lazy if all you have to do is unclip.

I told a lad off, for wiping his hand across the wet bonnet of my car ans splashing his mate with the water. His Mother was very indignant and said, 'is your car worth more than my son having a bit of fun'?

'It certainly is' I replied, 'unless you are happy to pay for the bonnet to be detailed where he will most certainly of scratched it'! She went off in a huff!

Respect! That's all you need.

Regards

Chris

Oh, please. A child touched your car. With his hand. If it's so delicate perhaps you shouldn't take it out of your garage.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Oh, please. A child touched your car. With his hand. If it's so delicate perhaps you shouldn't take it out of your garage.
Of course as a non-driver you wouldn't know that they don't use toughened paint on cars. It's the breath of fairies from the planet Zarquoon applied with brushes made from fibres plucked from the undersides of the coats of the rare Siberian minx. A baby's breath will damage it permanently and irreparably.

And that's why it's not a good idea to touch someone else's car.

green1

Über Member
Well if they are going to go around taking up the whole road and getting in the way all the time; might as well make themselves useful. I do it whenever convenient.
Definitely not a good idea to ever stop in any vehicles blind spot.
If you did that to my car you'd soon have your hand on the road, because I'd get out of my car and put you on your arse. Have respect for other people and that includes their property.

green1

Über Member
Of course as a non-driver you wouldn't know that they don't use toughened paint on cars. It's the breath of fairies from the planet Zarquoon applied with brushes made from fibres plucked from the undersides of the coats of the rare Siberian minx. A baby's breath will damage it permanently and irreparably.

And that's why it's not a good idea to touch someone else's car.
They don't anymore, they have to use water based paints which are a hell of a lot softer than the old paints used.

Not something I would even think of doing. Mostly coz I use standard pedals but also because I wouldnt want to get my ass kicked for getting finger prints on some roiders pride and joy.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
If you did that to my car you'd soon have your hand on the road, because I'd get out of my car and put you on your arse. Have respect for other people and that includes their property.

HBsb_25-red-handbag.gif

Gary E

Veteran
I think it's a question of intent.

If somebody fell off their bike onto my car and dented it then I'd think s**t happens and help the guy up. But if he made the decision, without knowing or asking me, that it was OK to use my car (which although it's nothing flash I care greatly for :smile: ) then I'd be insulted/annoyed.

If you're on an escalator do you put your hands on the person in front to steady yourself?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't use clipless pedals except on my trike, so it's not an issue, but I wouldn't lean on someone's car for a couple of reasons - it is their property, and I can see how it would seem to invade their personal space a bit and also it would mean I was far to close to a vehicle for comfort. In traffic, I either want to be clear ahead in the ASL, or claiming a place of my own in the queue in primary. I want room to wobble when I move off.

Gary E

Veteran
[QUOTE 2122899, member: 9609"]It's strange how some people consider their car to be part of themselves. Would you get all upset if someone touched your fence round your garden.[/quote]
No, I'd want to know who the hell build a fence around my garden :cursing:

D

Deleted member 20519

[QUOTE 2122899, member: 9609"]It's strange how some people consider their car to be part of themselves. Would you get all upset if someone touched your fence round your garden.[/quote]

I wouldn't like some pedestrian touching my bike while I'm stopped at lights.

green1

Über Member
What if they tagged your fence with spray paint? I've had my car for 4 years, I've had to get parts of it repainted twice leaving me 500 hundred quid out of pocket. One because some pissed up w@nker decided to boot off the door mirror when it was in a car park leaving deep gouges in the paint and another time when some funny farker decided to write clean me down the side of the car leaving the message ingrained in the paintwork.

Top Bottom