He touched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Adrian please accept my apologies, my last post was over the top. It has been a bad day but that is no excuse for how rude I was.

I may now live in Lincolnshire, however a local I am not.

screenman

Legendary Member
Thank you.

lukesdad

2140678 said:
Not at all. Of the people I routinely disagree with, I reckon I could stick coming out from behind a keyboard and having a beer with you.
Too much for me to hope for an invite I suppose ? <note no smiley>

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2140830 said:

I'm the sentimental sort, Adrian. I can't help it.

gilespargiter

Veteran
Well, well, seems people get so emotional about such a simple innocent thing. :wub:
Seems to me, many seem to mistake respect for people, with respect for mammon.
Obviously some do not understand - I would never be behind or in front of them while doing this thing - so it would be absolutely hilarious if they suddenly accelerated - into the vehicle in front or behind as a reaction. :hyper: of course the only reason why this would happen to them would be because - they had not ensured the safe passage of an overtaking vehicle or; had not eased to one side when lane width allows, in order to facilitate the passage of motorcycles and bicycles.

Absolutely ludicrous to claim a couple of fingers scarcely touching their precious paint would cause damage.Which incidentally is usually a door top or gutter - boots and bonnets are the wrong height, as cyclists would know.

As for the people that express their criminal intent to commit assault - well that also would be hilarious - to see them bash their door against the adjacent vehicle (causing criminal damage) and then not be able to get out their car anyway....

BTW I don't use clips (or much other cycle specific clothing come to that) - it is now and again a convenient way to be able to sit up in order to survey a traffic situation and work out a way round it and see what pedestrians are doing what, before continuing.

I have done it to a motorcycle with a blue light - due to a traffic incident that occurred- I was waved on with a big smile as soon as conditions allowed.

So I shall just continue in my usual way.

davida

Regular
Well, well, seems people get so emotional about such a simple innocent thing. :wub:
Seems to me, many seem to mistake respect for people, with respect for mammon.
Obviously some do not understand - I would never be behind or in front of them while doing this thing - so it would be absolutely hilarious if they suddenly accelerated - into the vehicle in front or behind as a reaction. :hyper: of course the only reason why this would happen to them would be because - they had not ensured the safe passage of an overtaking vehicle or; had not eased to one side when lane width allows, in order to facilitate the passage of motorcycles and bicycles.

Absolutely ludicrous to claim a couple of fingers scarcely touching their precious paint would cause damage.Which incidentally is usually a door top or gutter - boots and bonnets are the wrong height, as cyclists would know.

As for the people that express their criminal intent to commit assault - well that also would be hilarious - to see them bash their door against the adjacent vehicle (causing criminal damage) and then not be able to get out their car anyway....

BTW I don't use clips (or much other cycle specific clothing come to that) - it is now and again a convenient way to be able to sit up in order to survey a traffic situation and work out a way round it and see what pedestrians are doing what, before continuing.

I have done it to a motorcycle with a blue light - due to a traffic incident that occurred- I was waved on with a big smile as soon as conditions allowed.

So I shall just continue in my usual way.

Fool

Top Bottom