He touched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I would, of course, gladly make drivers even more miserable than most of them seem to be already, but not out of any desire to spoil your fun.

It is statements such as this which make me embarrassed to be considered part of the "cycling community". Arrogant and selfish; the very traits which you probably tar car drivers as having. Just as well 99.9% of car drivers do not share your attitude, as I suspect it would be much easier for them to spoil cyclists fun, rather than the other way round :sad:.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It is statements such as this which make me embarrassed to be considered part of the "cycling community". Arrogant and selfish; the very traits which you probably tar car drivers as having. Just as well 99.9% of car drivers do not share your attitude, as I suspect it would be much easier for them to spoil cyclists fun, rather than the other way round :sad:.

Oh do give over with the stupid sad faces and the wounded thing, and try reading things in the context in which they are presented. I like to go overboard on the adversarial stuff for Boris, just as he likes to fill up the internet for my benefit. What I am saying is a simple thing, and the very opposite of selfish. It is driving which is selfish. Drivers want to get around quicker, and unhindered, but it's better for everyone else if they are slowed down and hindered. This tends to make them miserable, and I can live with that.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oh do give over with the stupid sad faces and the wounded thing, and try reading things in the context in which they are presented.

The "stupid sad faces" are there to be used as a way of demonstrating the context in which messages are intended to be presented, as clearly that is sometimes not possible in simple text :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :smile:.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The "stupid sad faces" are there to be used as a way of demonstrating the context in which messages are intended to be presented, as clearly that is sometimes not possible in simple text :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :smile:.

I know what they're for. I even use them myself on occasion, although that's mainly for Adrian's benefit. But why on earth would my post make you sad? It's just cheap emoting.

U

User482

Oh do give over with the stupid sad faces and the wounded thing, and try reading things in the context in which they are presented. I like to go overboard on the adversarial stuff for Boris, just as he likes to fill up the internet for my benefit. What I am saying is a simple thing, and the very opposite of selfish. It is driving which is selfish. Drivers want to get around quicker, and unhindered, but it's better for everyone else if they are slowed down and hindered. This tends to make them miserable, and I can live with that.

Well, quite. We've allowed ourselves to get into a situation where our roads, junctions and pavements are designed to minimise impediments to the progress of motorists. A sensible transport hierarchy should prioritise the needs of pedestrians, cyclists, public transport and goods traffic. Private motorists will just have to wait their turn.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Stop.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist

You misunderstand me - I'm not asking Boris to stop liking cars - just wondering aloud why we should indulge, subsidize or encourage driving as a hobby.

screenman

Legendary Member
Some of my work is for a major bus company, I know what the trimmers and cleaners have to put up with.

Human Fleas - Most folks will tell you people do not become infested with or get fleas! This is not true at all, in fact there is a species of flea called the: Human Flea. It looks very similar to any other flea, except under a microscope. This type of flea likes to infest the hair of humans, it easily finds a host by hiding on the backs of seats of buses and other vehicles, and hitching rides in the hair of new passengers. These fleas love to infest hairy areas of people such as the heads, under the arms and other areas. They live quite well on people, and gorge themselves off the blood. Human Fleas are not that common anymore, thanks to better hygiene and cleaning methods, but they are still out there.

Rentokil warned that infestations on public transport were are at an all-time high. "The average commuter will always be close to cockroaches, bedbugs and fleas," said Savvas Othon of Rentokil.

Adrian once again you are wrong, stick to what you know about and I will do the same.

screenman

Legendary Member
Would you like to come with me to a bus trim shop, just wear your shorts and see what happens. No of course you would not as it would mean coming out from behind a keyboard.

U

User482

2140560 said:
Lincolnshire per se or the people thereof?

Admittedly, our small sample may not be representative, but it doesn't seem especially welcoming, does it?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Some of my work is for a major bus company, I know what the trimmers and cleaners have to put up with.
strange that I've never been bitten by a flea on a bus. Then again, I go on TfL buses. They're probably a little more hygienic than your common or garden Lincoldnshire bus.

As it goes Lincolnshire was one of the very few counties of England, perhaps the only one that I'd not been to up until recently. Then......we organised a ride from York to Cleethorpes, and I got to go through the northeastern part of the county for the recce rides, and that was very pleasant. And, after the ride itself the trains were messed up (somebody had stolen the copper cable from beside the track) so I decided to ride to Lincoln. And.......it was beautiful. Quite stunning.

Top Bottom