Head unit aux light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shack

Afternoon all, I've tried various search permutations but to no avail, so apologies in advice if a regular topic.

Now we have moved into the age of darkness and more night riding does anyone have any recommendations for a small light to illuminate my Garmin, rather than me pushing a button and backlight overkill (and normally changing the page)

I normally travel down dark lanes so never enough ambient light, I'm only after a vague hue, so nothing to distract just enough to see my regular page of bumf.

Anyone got a simple fix? It's not a real problem, but would be a nice to have item (was thinking of a bendy USB but most seem too bright and would be nice to have a couple of hour run time)
TIA

Ajax Bay

Guru
You can set your Garmin (well I can and have) to stay permanently on 'backlit' - one short press of power button), and have the setting down to 30% (quite enough after dusk) to minimise current draw. On a long ride into autumn darkness I can expect 15 hours, which is enough for a 300km. Compared to other consumption that backlight is a small percentage. So on Dartmoor Ghost 2230-0600 darkness - easy.
I have looked at some kind of illumination like this but couldn't find a satisfactory solution to the geometry/reflections

OP
OP
Shack

Shack

You can set your Garmin (well I can and have) to stay permanently on 'backlit' - one short press of power button), and have the setting down to 30% (quite enough after dusk) to minimise current draw. On a long ride into autumn darkness I can expect 15 hours, which is enough for a 300km. Compared to other consumption that backlight is a small percentage. So on Dartmoor Ghost 2230-0600 darkness - easy.
I have looked at some kind of illumination like this but couldn't find a satisfactory solution to the geometry/reflections
I had no idea, thanks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had no idea, thanks.

Set it on a low brightness to preserve battery

OP
OP
Shack

Shack

Yes it is a small button battery, run time I'm not to sure, bit it lasts a long time, and give quite a bit of light
Thanks I'll experiment with the backlight settings and see how that spanks the battery, tbh I might unlink my phone as nice not to be bothered by it and that munches it slightly .
Yours looks an easy option

Top Bottom