Headset for BTWIN ultra 700 af

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you can extract the bearings, you'll usually find markings on the side if lucky - if not, they may have worn off. Wych bearings stock loads of suitable bearings, but you'll need the code. Alway's worth writing the codes down and tucking them away in your tool box. I did that recently with one of my bikes as the codes were starting to wear off the headset. Tucked the codes away in a box of spares.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If you can extract the bearings, you'll usually find markings on the side if lucky - if not, they may have worn off. Wych bearings stock loads of suitable bearings, but you'll need the code. Alway's worth writing the codes down and tucking them away in your tool box. I did that recently with one of my bikes as the codes were starting to wear off the headset. Tucked the codes away in a box of spares.
I've gotten into the habit of doing this when a bike or headset is new. Once corrosion gets it's way with the bearings the numbers are more often than not illegible. :okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just remembered, had to do this for @nickyboy a few months ago. He needed new headset bearings for his carbon Btwin bike but didn't know what. Luckily I managed to extract the stubborn stuck/rusty bits and measure sizes and angles well enough to i.d the correct ones.

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
Thanks, but I don't think there is much left of the headset bearings at the moment as the steering is pretty rough and I dont want to be without the bike as I use it for commuting. I'm pretty sure thedecathlon ones are the correct part, I just wondered if I could get them anywhere else

iluvmybike

Über Member
Kinetic bearings. If you cannot see the markings then measure inside diameter, outside diameter, height and angle

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
@dhd.evans
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/replacing-headset-bearings-help.265662/#post-6100673

As luck would have it he recently did a thread on same topic. I advised (I have the CF version) but read his thread. Aire Bearings are very good
Much appreciated, That's where I seen the link, I have not replaced a headset before so not sure how may bearing I need for the job. Looking at the piccy from decathlon, there are a few bits to fit.

If I buy the aire bearing , do I need anything else?

Regards

Top Bottom