Headset help !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB2210

Hi there,
I bought a Giant Tcr frame second hand ... I'm not sure of the year of manufacture or model, although was told it was 2012. I need a headset for it but am not sure which one would fit. I know the size is 1 1/8th (cause someone told me) anyone got one of these bikes that can keep me on the right track?
image.jpg

Thanks
Hazel x

stephec

Legendary Member
If it's the same as my TCR it'll have an integrated headset, best bet is to go to a shop that stocks them and ask their advice.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not sure if its any help but both my defy and tcr use an FSA reducing top bit thingy for the forks . Your picture looks like it would take the same as my defy 5 .

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Not sure if its any help but both my defy and tcr use an FSA reducing top bit thingy for the forks . Your picture looks like it would take the same as my defy 5 .

That's exactly what a need .. A top bit thingy ... This is language I understand :laugh:
Cheers x

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Ultergra what?

Groupset... Or does that not matter :blush:
I'm hoping to get a half decent one so it don't need to be the cheapest if you can think of a mid priced one.... Unless I don't need it ... I'm starting to confuse myself now :shy:

Robeh

Groupset... Or does that not matter :blush:
I'm hoping to get a half decent one so it don't need to be the cheapest if you can think of a mid priced one.... Unless I don't need it ... I'm starting to confuse myself now :shy:
ah right im with you lol..the token headset should do the job,however there are many headsets on the market.
do a google search which should give you options and chain reaction wiggle e.t.c all do headsets.

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

ah right im with you lol..the token headset should do the job,however there are many headsets on the market.
do a google search which should give you options and chain reaction wiggle e.t.c all do headsets.

Do I look for 1 1/8 ... Integrated 45/45 .... Or what do I search for ? :huh:
Ps thanks for the advice, it's appreciated :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
yeah..if you as unsure as you seem might be best to take it to your LBS and seek thier advise.
+1 Pay a few quid more and get from the LBS (preferably a Giant dealer)

I don't think headset and groupset have anything much to do with one another. I have the same headset as a stock bike on my Genesis build but a completely different groupset (SRAM vs 105)

Do you not know exactly what frame you have? No stickers?

Top Bottom