Heart bypass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Very sorry to hear that mate.

Hope all goes well for you and you are back to it, better than ever, very soon

D

Deleted member 1258

I have had some chest pain recently. After going to see the Dr, who sent me to Altrincham gen, I was then referred to Trafford Gen, who referred me to Manchester royal infirmary for catheter angiograph. It turns out I need a triple bypass :ohmy:.
So I am off the bike :sad:.

Sorry to hear that, my best wishes for a quick recovery

D

Deleted member 26715

Bit of a shock. I dont drink, smoke, eat reasonably healthily cycle about 5000 miles a year.
ITS SO UNFAIR! lol.
My BIL was exactly the same, so far he's had 2x triple by-passes

si_c

Guru
Damn, that's brutal, sorry to hear!

As above glad they picked it up early - do you have any idea when they plan to do it?

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Damn, that's brutal, sorry to hear!

As above glad they picked it up early - do you have any idea when they plan to do it?
No not yet.

D

Deleted member 26715

:sad:So it is not necessarily the end of it after the op. Hope B.I.L is ok now.
He was told they last 15 years & almost to the week 15 years later they had to replace the original ones. But simple in & out 2 day recovery time I think it was

D

Deleted member 26715

Perhaps they should install a zip.
It is now classed as a routine operation, easy for me to say when I'm not facing it & it's pointless me saying don't worry, but I will & no doubt you will also. He has other complications not associated with his heart, but I understand life can go back to normal once done.

si_c

Guru
No not yet.

Best wishes for the OP though, keep us informed. Hopefully you'll have a full recovery - as @Phaeton says it's a far more routine operation these days than it used to be and you should be back up on your feet within a few days. Just take things easy in the meantime!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had one in 2012. I had no idea that I needed it. Some people get a keyhole procedure but mine was a full-on "split the sternum down the middle" jobby. It left my chest feeling a bit tender for some time but I was allowed back on my bike after six weeks. It felt like I'd been given a completely new set of legs.
Wishing you all the very best.:okay:

Top Bottom