Hebden Bridge / Marsden / Holmfirth / Emley Moor - Sunday, May 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Forgot to ask, meeting at 10am?
09:45 with a view to leaving at 10:00 but since there are only going to be 3 of us we'll leave as soon as the last person is ready. If that was at 09:55, then there wouldn't be any point in hanging about the extra 5 minutes.

Ooh, I've just remembered - my GPS still has the Brian Robinson Challenge route on it! I'll fire up Memory Map and upload the Sculpture Park route to it instead.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

dan_bo said:
Youre doing it twice? Perv.
Most people that said they were couldn't make it tomorrow but can make the 9th.

I make things complicated for myself by offering too many choices and then trying to fit in with everybody but there will always be people who can do one date but not another.

I think next time I'll just state the date and time and you can all decide individually whether to come or not. It would make things simpler!

Anyway, it's a nice challenging route which should be worth doing twice and perhaps the weather will be better for it next weekend?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
you are the epiphany of patience colin. but the world is a better place for your effort. i wish my legs were not so knackered. the brommies running great, the lungs are great, just the legs are lacking. good luck.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Err, don't feel you have to do this on my account.

I'd quite understand if you want to pull out of tomorrow, esp as there is only the three of us.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Kestevan said:
Err, don't feel you have to do this on my account.

I'd quite understand if you want to pull out of tomorrow, esp as there is only the three of us.
Hey, no backing out now - I've just programmed the route into my GPS! ;)

If both you and aJ pulled out, I'd find it hard to motivate myself to do it alone and I need to get out and do a decent ride. I used to find it really easy to go out by myself but half the time now I can't be bothered so that's why I try and organise something at least once a month.

What I meant was - in the past I've given a choice of several days, several start times and several routes and of course I end up with everybody choosing something different. It makes much more sense to just say "This is what I'm doing, anybody fancy coming along?"

So, after tomorrow, it will be "This is what it was like on the 2nd, anybody fancy doing it on the 9th?"

bromptonfb said:
eee he needs the excercise...lol
I do, actually!

I haven't ridden my bike for two weeks now. The only exercise I've had is a total of about 10 miles of walking, including a few hills.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
colin,

if no-one shows (tbh the weather is going to suck tomorrow) then i'll pop over and a have a cafe stop if you are up for it. my mobile number works now (got a new phone, same number)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

bromptonfb said:
colin,

if no-one shows (tbh the weather is going to suck tomorrow) then i'll pop over and a have a cafe stop if you are up for it. my mobile number works now (got a new phone, same number)
There's going to be a cold wind, but hopefully it will remain dry.

I'm sure that aJ and Kestevan will turn up. They've both got my number anyway if something happens in the morning. If by some chance they both get hit by lightning or something then I'll txt you! :biggrin:

Right, I'll be off now. I'll check CC again in the morning just in case anybody has PMd me or posted in this thread.

PS I'm not surprised that you are tired with that monster commute of yours!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm tired before I even start! I had a recurring dream last night that I'd overslept and the lads were waiting for me at the car park. Three or four times I leapt out of bed only to discover it was 03:00, 03:47, 04:38... :biggrin:

They were right about that cold wind! I just went out to put some rubbish in the bin and the bushes opposite were blowing this way and that. It was pretty nippy too. Now where did I put those arm-warmers...?

I'd better go and get ready now or they will be kept waiting for me!

Garz

Squat Member
Good luck guys, tell us the tales once your back!

Oh and if I ever get recurring dreams Big C it usually means i'm ill.

aJohnson

Nice 45miles today with a bit of wind, felt the shoulders aching 20miles in so I knew the pain would escalate, think it's due to the bibs on the shorts so gives me a reason to get some new club shorts. Hope you two had an enjoyable ride after I dispatched.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nice ride, spoilt only by a lazy wind (rather go through you than round). Really hilly route; I think the only flat bit was the road bridge over the reservoir, but nothing too outrageous and some good back country roads with cracking views and little traffic.

Left ColinJ in Holmfirth after 60ish miles, and TBH I don't envy him the last few climbs back to Hebden.

Just annoyed I'm working next Sunday and can't repeat the ride.

Top Bottom