Hell on Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I discovered the bicycle in 1965. Having biked for primary transportation ever since, I just want to get where I’m going, preferably with my head attached. Cycling was once my little secret. While the clueless lavished fortunes on train tickets, car repairs, and taxis, I saved a bundle. I got my exercise, while the proles, after a prolonged, miserable journey home, had to face another trip, to a stuffy, jam-packed gym.
Damn elderly hipster. "I was into bicycling way before it was popular, now everyone likes it so it's not cool anymore"

(reminds me of my favourite hipster joke "I'm really into Dog Whistle, but you've probably never heard it")

Twanger

Über Member
I don't recognise the cyclists i meet on my commute each day in that article.

I get overtaken all the time, and sometimes i overtake people back. I have never seen anyone get annoyed when I pass them, even though i'm on a Brompton.

On the whole, I find that if you are courteous and polite to other road users, they are courteous and polite back. There you are, there's a bit of anodyne sanctimony for you all.

Perhaps Lionel thingywatsit finds Londonders to be aggressive, impatient cyclists because that's the way she rides here.

OK, I have heard that cyclists in the City are a bit much, but as part of the gentlemanly, ladylike two wheeled population of the A23, I suggest she's talking out of her rear presta...

Top Bottom