Hello again, long time since my last visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Over a year since my last post, but still cycling and loving it.

Lots changed in my little world. Spent the first half of 2016 applying for lots of different jobs, after 25years of supporting adults with learning disabilities the social care management finally cracked me and I had to go. My beliefs that the cheapest carers from any old agency don't make the best carers, ruffled feathers.

First Job I got that I liked the look of was a prison officer, spent sometime at Strangeways Manchester and got the job. Only problem was the waiting for training and a start date. Kept applying and got a look-in at a few other jobs. HR lady I've known for years asked me to go for a informal chat at a children's respite center for disabled kids and bloody loved it from the moment I walked in and had quite a happy last six months there :smile:
Still a bit of bureaucratic crap to deal with and the people who enforce it, but managable.

Still off the beer, third Xmas remember and enjoyed, Oh and become a veggie. No real belief system around that choice, just giving it a try and its okay.

Cycling once aweek, about 40-50 miles. Need to ramp it up a little and start cycling to work again.
Bike collection has grown, 4road, 3mountain a ladies and an electric. Electric was for the Mrs who has hip and knee problems, but after one trip out its not being used and gotta go.

Lets hope for some continued good weather for the rest of the winter and hope you all have a cracking 2017 :biggrin:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Excellent news!
Welcome back and best new year's wishes to you too!

Top Bottom