Hello again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, the signature's still very relevant. I only wish I could stay in France, and never return to Australia. But we don't always get what we want.
Nice to have you back on CC, anyway!

I was making an adjustment to my bike yesterday on the Rochdale canal towpath when another cyclist stopped to see if I needed help. He was very friendly and turned out to be an Aussie. We had a chat for a while but then he had to get back - he has been working over here for a couple of years and does morning rides before doing his afternoon shift. Loves the hills and greenery here; not so keep on the cold and wet conditions that we often get!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Hi, all, it's been a while since my last post. I've been having a bad year personally, struggling with life in general.

For now, though, I have something to look forward to: I'll be visiting the French Alps shortly (leaving on Friday next week), and cycling there, based at 2 B&Bs, for a month. Aie, mes jambes! At least I'll get away from Australia for a while: the poor attitude to cyclists here continues to anger, upset and depress me.

I don't know if I'll post to the "bike in front of a col" thread, though, while I'm over there: why post a photo of a col sign when you can post a photo of the spectacular Alpine scenery beyond it? In other words, I'll probably post some photos, but just in the "picture of the day" thread or something similar.

Regards,

--- Victor.
Have a great time. I've still got a month and a half to wait before my return.

And it's not either/or re photos! Cols and scenery! :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah the Alps. There's no greater experience than an Alpine start, leaving the hut at dawn, tiredness and hunger tempered by the wonderful peace and the sharp clean air as the sunshine slowly creeps down the mountainside.

The walk from Sixt Fer à Cheval over via Anterne to the Col du Brévent is my favourite, you overnight at the Chalet de Moede Anterne then leave at dawn and drop down into a lovely lush valley crossing streams babbling through culverts then climb into sunlight on the Col du Brévent, where as you crest the col you gasp at the sight of the Mont Blanc massif in front of you. Wonderful.

postman

Legendary Member
Ah the Alps. There's no greater experience than an Alpine start, leaving the hut at dawn, tiredness and hunger tempered by the wonderful peace and the sharp clean air as the sunshine slowly creeps down the mountainside.

The walk from Sixt Fer à Cheval over via Anterne to the Col du Brévent is my favourite, you overnight at the Chalet de Moede Anterne then leave at dawn and drop down into a lovely lush valley crossing streams babbling through culverts then climb into sunlight on the Col du Brévent, where as you crest the col you gasp at the sight of the Mont Blanc massif in front of you. Wonderful.

What a brilliant post.How great is copy and paste,we would be lost without it.:blush:

Top Bottom