Hello and advice on recent accident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatts

Firstly, hello to all. I am new to this site (I posted on the welcome mat too),

I am not new to cycling, although I have only been road cycling for about a year.

I just wanted to know people opinions are on my recent bike accident.

At the weekend, I went over a level crossing in the wet and the bike and I parted company. As a result I took a heavy bang to my right upper thigh/hip and grazed my knee, ankle, elbow and right calf. I sustained a reasonable amount of road rash on my upper right thigh (under my shorts).

I am very stiff and still in a bit of pain understandably (I am nearly 40 after all) but was wondering why my sleep has been disrupted since it happened on Saturday. I am waking up a few times a night often dripping in sweat. Is this just the body's way of self healing do you think?
wacko.gif

I definitely haven't broken anything and I didn't bang my head (the muscles in my neck are sore though - whiplash perhaps?). I continued with the ride (in the torrential rain) as I was still 35 miles from home. My bike was ok luckily.
thumbsup.png

thanks

Beatts

snorri

Legendary Member
I am waking up a few times a night often dripping in sweat. Is this just the body's way of self healing do you think?
wacko.gif

I definitely haven't broken anything
I'm no medic. but I would say no to the natural self healing question, and how can you possibly say you haven't broken anything? Only a thorough medical examination by an expert could determine that, and sometimes the experts don't spot a break first time.
Get yourself along to a GP, or perhaps A&E.
Oh! welcome to the forum.:smile:

OP
OP
B

beatts

Dr said it was probably shock or something Pyschological (sp). I'm fine now, still a bit stiff though.

lukesdad

If you have road rash i would think that the broken sleep is due to irritation of the affected area, comming into contact with bedding.

Top Bottom