Hello From Billinge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thommo74

Hi, your not kidding, my first ride for a long time, went over Crank, down Shaley Brow, and then back through Crank and up past Fairfield Hospital, thought I was going to die on that climb! Any good local routes you can recommend to ease us into the many hills around here?

Yeah, Crank must be a killer. Never done that.

A good route for you might be the one I mentioned that I go through Billinge on. Check this out. It's a GPX file which you should be able to open up in Google Earth and will plot the route out on there for you. It's a circular of about 20 miles. Hits a few busy roads though so not sure that's what you're looking for.

If you can't read the file, let me know and I'll write a bit of detail out for you.

Attachments

• ride 27082012 1hr 20mins.gpx
    385 KB · Views: 117

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome from down the Lancs :welcome:

barrymanifold

Hi darren just over east lancs in eccleston .I go down the rainford bypass and over to aughton and back for a nice flat 25 miler . crank hill will get easier after a while but shaley brow not so sure about that one.

OP
OP
D

DarrenABuckley

Hi darren just over east lancs in eccleston .I go down the rainford bypass and over to aughton and back for a nice flat 25 miler . crank hill will get easier after a while but shaley brow not so sure about that one.
Thanks, we will try that one this weekend. We have been down the and back the length of the Rainford bypass so this will add a few more mile!

barrymanifold

ihave put a few routes on[ ride with gps ] under john marsh st helens you may lick to give em a try

Woo st Helen's!

I went up crank and billinge on Sunday. Really tough climbs..... Plus it P'd down :sad:

I've been doing a 10m lap recently too which im using to monitor my speed improvements (not many so far). From here in haydock, through earlestown and Newton, up through golborne then around through Ashton.

barrymanifold

Woo st Helen's!

I went up crank and billinge on Sunday. Really tough climbs..... Plus it P'd down :sad:

I've been doing a 10m lap recently too which im using to monitor my speed improvements (not many so far). From here in haydock, through earlestown and Newton, up through golborne then around through Ashton.
Have you tried going up through garswood to orrel over ashurst beacon through skem latham and back down rainford by pass and back to yicker land

Top Bottom