Hello From Billinge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david

darren,the ride through kings moss from billinge and back to billinge via upholland and orrell is about 15 miles,i usually take the road past the enterance to orrell water park on the way back,then turn left at the stork and back home to bryn.

thommo74

Welcome. Like everyone in the Northwest born before 1996, I was born in Billinge hospital.
Yep - same here. 1974. Picture in the Wigan Observer as I was born on New Years Day.

david k

Hi
Hi Everyone,

My name is Darren, and I have just back into cycling after being inspired by Bradley Wiggins and the Olympics. At my age not looking to road race, but just enjoy cycling in the local area, and in the North West and Lake District, both on road and light off road with my Raleigh Grande hybrid bike. My son, Jordan is cycling with me, and we are both enjoying the experience, completing our first 25 mile ride recently, and planning to do the numerous Southport Cycle trails this Friday.
well done

ive cycled the TPT through to southport, nice ride, you can pick it up t aintree. just down the lancs for you which has a cycle track on most of it

david k

Hi
Hi, your not kidding, my first ride for a long time, went over Crank, down Shaley Brow, and then back through Crank and up past Fairfield Hospital, thought I was going to die on that climb! Any good local routes you can recommend to ease us into the many hills around here?
ha, ha, yes i live near there and take that from time to time, tough climb

theres lots of routes round there, i take the old coach road up to bickerstaff fairly regularly, it a nice track

JohnMc

Regular
I was born in Billinge in 1966. The hospital I was born in was knocked down years ago, they destroyed part of my identity :-)

sintellinser

Regular
Hello, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread to introduce myself, but I'm another new member from ' The centre of the north-west'. Most days you can see me cycling over Billinge Lump from one direction or another, in all honesty, I'm built for distance not for speed, and touring is where my cycling interest lies. Anyway if you see a bloke looking like he's cycling to the next pub or bakery, shout hello!
Cheers, Ian

owdo

Top Bottom