Hello from Istanbul (Turkey)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aytu_14

I am attending this forum from istanbul. I have a Claud Butler Urban 100 city bike. After updating this bike a bit, I did long tours. And I still do. One day in the future, I want to do a world tour by bike. I want to meet new people, get a different perspective and improve my English level in this forum. That's all for now. Have a nice day. :smile:

Welcome to a (generally) very helpful and friendly place.

Have fancied cycling UK to Istanbul for a while - more complicated these days but still possible - must get on and do it.

From my research (pretty minimal) I have the idea that the most complicated bit might be the last - getting into Istanbul without riding on a near motorway.

ta hobbes - yes I've read some helpful reports.
There are I know some little roads but I gather you have to hunt for them. If I do the trip that bit of it will be pre-plotted onto the garmin.

ta hobbes - yes I've read some helpful reports.
There are I know some little roads but I gather you have to hunt for them. If I do the trip that bit of it will be pre-plotted onto the garmin.
Most routes represented on maps on CGOAB can be downloaded by members

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You are lucky enough to have one of the greatest archaeology finds in recent history not too far from Istanbul as well. It's on my list of things to see.

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

Welcome to a (generally) very helpful and friendly place.

Have fancied cycling UK to Istanbul for a while - more complicated these days but still possible - must get on and do it.

From my research (pretty minimal) I have the idea that the most complicated bit might be the last - getting into Istanbul without riding on a near motorway.

Thanks :smile: Yes, you definitely should. Also we. We only have one life. And I hope we can do things that we enjoy in this life. :smile:

Welcome to the forum. That view is so beautiful. I love the feeling of spaciousness. Where is it?

There is Kaş (Antalya / Turkey). Turkey's Mediterranean coast road is completely surrounded by views. If you can, I recommend you to see it one day.

We love Turkey and the Turkish people, a visit to Istanbul is on the card for 2022.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you :smile: If I am in Istanbul at that time, I would like to meet you and order a meal or a tea. It would be nice. :smile:
Welcome to the world of CC, aytu 14.

There are plenty of folk here keen and active with bike touring.
If/WHEN you start out to conquer the world, feel welcome to visit Oslo/Norway. :smile:

Oslo, Norway. I take notes and add it to my route. :smile:

Welcome @aytu_14
Turkey is on my wish list!😁

The Touring forum is here: ^_^https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/touring-adventure-cycling.8/

CrazyGuyOnABike has lots of info including at least one article.

I hope you will travel :smile: And thank you for information. I will look it. :smile: I am thinking of sharing my own articles in the soon.

You are lucky enough to have one of the greatest archaeology finds in recent history not too far from Istanbul as well. It's on my list of things to see.

Yes I am lucky about this subject. But unfortunately, people can't find time to enjoy the city they live in. I need to visit the city where I live in more detail. :smile:

alicat

Legendary Member
There is Kaş (Antalya / Turkey). Turkey's Mediterranean coast road is completely surrounded by views. If you can, I recommend you to see it one day.

Thank you for the information, @aytu_14. It looks very tempting. What is it like to cycle in Turkey? What is the traffic like?

OP
OP
aytu_14

aytu_14

Thank you for the information, @aytu_14. It looks very tempting. What is it like to cycle in Turkey? What is the traffic like?

Traffic density is high in the western region. Especially in Istanbul and surrounding provinces. In other regions, traffic density is calm, except for city centers.
There is not enough bicycle paths in Turkey. There is no intercity bicycle path. But the highway's safety lane is wide. In my routes, I prefer village, town, mountain and forest roads whenever possible.
Apart from these, there are small markets almost everywhere where you can buy basic necessities (food, water, cleaning, etc.). I think it is not difficult to do long tours in Turkey. Of course, it is necessary to take precautions against bad situations (such as theft).

Looking forward to them!

This is the Travelogue section
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/members-travelogues.46/

Thank you :smile: I will share this section :smile:

Thank you :smile: I'm glad to be here :smile:

Top Bottom