Hello from Stockport......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BinBag

Hello everyone.....

I'm new to the forum and wanted to join the cycle community - I think I'm already in it, because after buying my new road bike and going out on it for the first time last night, all the other roadie's nodded at me - whereas before, on my Claude Butler Hybrid, only the odd 'dropped handlebarred' roadie would nod - hey ho, I'm here now.

I've been cycling since July last year, to work and back from Stockport to Middleton/Moston - I've lost 2 stone, raised over £1,000 for charity and am now up for some sportives, and then maybe joining a club.

Hello.........:biggrin:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hello :welcome: from down the road in Wilmslow

bauldbairn

Hello everyone.....

I'm new to the forum and wanted to join the cycle community - I think I'm already in it, because after buying my new road bike and going out on it for the first time last night, all the other roadies nodded at me. :biggrin:

Hello BinBag and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

The other roadies nodded at you eh! I find the roadies around my way(in the Falkirk CC) in blue and white checked cycling tops particularilly unsociable.
I do believe they wouldn't give another(non-roadie) cyclist a nod in the desert.
I ride the same route they do, only in reverse - so no-one mistakes me for part of this large group of cyclists.
I was thinking about joining up but after years of usociability(much to my amusement - I still wave just to annoy them), I'll either join another club or none at all.

I ride a fast flat bar road bike through choice and practicality and could have bought a good drop-bar roadbike for the price of it.

Anyway, enjoy your cycling BinBag and don't forget to wave at other cyclists they could be Cycle Chat members - we have all sorts on here; Mountainbikers, TTers, Triathletes, CXers, Downhillers, BMXers, Recumbent riders, Roadies etc,etc,etc,etc.

:thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hiya BinBag and welcome to CycleChat.. I think the esteemed poster Potsy is from Stockport... supports the local footy team too.

squeaky brakes

Über Member
Hello everyone.....

I'm new to the forum and wanted to join the cycle community - I think I'm already in it, because after buying my new road bike and going out on it for the first time last night, all the other roadie's nodded at me - whereas before, on my Claude Butler Hybrid, only the odd 'dropped handlebarred' roadie would nod - hey ho, I'm here now.

I've been cycling since July last year, to work and back from Stockport to Middleton/Moston - I've lost 2 stone, raised over £1,000 for charity and am now up for some sportives, and then maybe joining a club.

Hello.........:biggrin:

Hi Binbag,
I commute daily from Macc. to the Pyramid at Stockport.

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

Hi Binbag,
I commute daily from Macc. to the Pyramid at Stockport.
:tongue:

Excellent - how far is that then? Must be getting on for 10 miles or so.

Only today I've just started going into Stockport to go back up Reddish Road to cut out Reddish Vale on my communte - adds an extra 2.5 miles, but what the heck, I just love being out on my bike - and I don't think the missus minds (I think.... )

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hello and welcome binbag.

Do you just go out every other Wednesday then? :tongue:

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

Morning BinBag, from a fellow Stocky dweller. Will have to keep a look out for you on your swanky Claude Butler!

I'll be riding my new road bike from now on, on the good days anyway - the swanky Claude Butler will be kept for family rides, and the days I can't get the courage to do the long way around to work!

Just give us a nod, and shout your handle - I'll wave back! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom