Hello from USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yo vanilla

Hello all! I am from Wisconsin, USA, and not much looking forward to the coming winter months!

I have been getting back into biking after a 20 or so year hiatus. I own three bikes for myself with a total of nine at the house for the family. My personals are mostly vintage:

1995 Cannondale M200 rigid MTB, my urban assault bike
1998 Giant Yukon rigid MTB, lives in the basement
2014 Cannondale Quick6 hybrid/city bike, commuter bike

I've been building the two Cannondale's up a bit and one of these winters I want to do the same to the Giant, although I've got work to do to the Quick this winter as well. Hopefully I'll get some ideas or advice from the forum!

D

Deleted member 1258

:welcome:

OP
OP
yo vanilla

yo vanilla

thanks for the welcomes everyone!

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Welcome to the forum. Don't make the same mistake anothersam did :smile:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/im-american-ask-me-anything.259782/

On the contrary, it’s kept my forum addiction manageable – I no longer venture out, except to walk my rabbit. But this thread caught my eye. Actually, ‘Fresh Girl Come Here’ caught my eye, then I scanned down the board, curious if there were any other fresh people about.

I am from Wisconsin

Wisconsin is the cheese state, is it not?

View: https://youtu.be/26PjQAQ_zV8

And such a snappy motto: “Forward.” I’m from Ohio, and our motto is “With God all things are possible,” which is why atheists are encouraged to move to one of the coasts, or preferably out of the country.

My extensive research also dug up this painting of Jean Nicolet, thought to be the first European to arrive in l'état du fromage. He made quite an entrance!

flwySjv.jpg

”I am the cheese”

Can I ask, is your username a Vanilla Ice reference, or do you just like vanilla? (I like vanilla. My wife doesn’t even recognise it as a flavour.)

For a born again cyclist, 3 bikes is a mighty fine start.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
On the contrary, it’s kept my forum addiction manageable – I no longer venture out, except to walk my rabbit. But this thread caught my eye. Actually, ‘Fresh Girl Come Here’ caught my eye, then I scanned down the board, curious if there were any other fresh people about.

Wisconsin is the cheese state, is it not?

View: https://youtu.be/26PjQAQ_zV8

And such a snappy motto: “Forward.” I’m from Ohio, and our motto is “With God all things are possible,” which is why atheists are encouraged to move to one of the coasts, or preferably out of the country.

My extensive research also dug up this painting of Jean Nicolet, thought to be the first European to arrive in l'état du fromage. He made quite an entrance!

View attachment 558701
”I am the cheese”

Can I ask, is your username a Vanilla Ice reference, or do you just like vanilla? (I like vanilla. My wife doesn’t even recognise it as a flavour.)

For a born again cyclist, 3 bikes is a mighty fine start.

I like how there is a need for subtitles, although Gouda is misspelled. Just an Illinoisans' perspective. "State Sovereignty, National Unity". P.S. @Fab Foodie , I am not too far from Beloit, as Midwest mileages go. 150 miles. Just over the border. I would have to take Mrs. GA along as an interpreter, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yo vanilla

yo vanilla

Yes, there are some of these a-holes in Wisconsin with the cheese hats, no, I don't have a cheese hat, and no, not from Beloit either

yo vanilla.... slice like a ninja, cut like a razor blade
:biggrin:

Top Bottom