Helmet but not safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mate, get a buff and wear pirate style. they soak up the sweat no problems and you can wring out.
And it'll suit ya.. :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One last question, does anyone cycle with no head covering at all? Does that help with the sweating?

That will make it worse. As a glasses wearer, I find the scull cap soaks the sweat, and the air flow from the lid helps evaporate the moisture.

PS If you use a buff, it doubles up as a mask, so you can go into the supermarket to refuel (from Friday)!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
IME the pads absorb the sweat at first. Then they become saturated and it squeezes into your eyes, where it hurts and blinds you. It's worse with glasses as they get salt-streaked and opaque.

imhena

That got your attention. I'm thinking of buying a helmet but don't want to get started on protection or lack of offered by a helmet. My question is different. I currently wear a cap when out on the bike. I sweat. A lot. No really a lot. Would the airflow provided by a helmet help with this? It's mainly when I stop say at my half way turning point, sweat just pours off me and covers my glasses. Any thoughts?

Also the missus has issued a stipulation that it can't stink out the hallway
I would check the reviews before buying anything, google it, and there are also websites that reviews all kinds of helmets, i like this one mrbikehelmet.com there are others of course, good luck.

Top Bottom