Helmet cam nails its first baddie!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
surely you must have broken one little rule at some point, just a little one?.....once?....
biggrin.gif

You're treading on thin ice!! Everyone on cyclechat is perfect!!! :thumbsup:

PK99

Legendary Member
not at all, cars accelerate much faster,are many times heavier and are three times wider than a bike-far more deadly see, wouldnt be practical. the odd cyclist sneaking through when its clear to proceed does little or no harm.

I said the same reasoning, you are applying different reasoning.

how about a car creeping through the red light in the same way the cyclist did?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 1321854"]
I'd be more concerned about the OP stopping a red light in a piss poor position - you never split a lane at a red light, ever.
[/quote]

I 100% agree with Lee on this. It's a bit unfair to slander his comments in this situation as he makes a very valid point.

What is shown in the video is you filter to the front of the traffic and stop between two cars. What you should do when you are stopped in traffic is take control of the lane you want to cycle in by stopping in the middle of it. When you set of, you are at your most vulnerable, leaving cars on either side of you that may choose to squeeze past you and the next thing you know you are laying on the ground with another car coming towards you.

Part of publishing your videos is getting criticised. We have all experienced it. But what is important, is how we learn from it. I look back at my self only a year ago, and i can see a vast difference in my behaviour on the road now, the comments from other cyclists has made me safer.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just watched the vid and agree with Lee and Gaz. Very poor positioning by the OP. That's the type of behavior that pees off car drivers when there's no need to. You are running the risk of getting clipped by either of the cars or getting squeezed by both. Not good.

OP
OP
som3blok3

som3blok3

I 100% agree with Lee on this. It's a bit unfair to slander his comments in this situation as he makes a very valid point.

What is shown in the video is you filter to the front of the traffic and stop between two cars. What you should do when you are stopped in traffic is take control of the lane you want to cycle in by stopping in the middle of it. When you set of, you are at your most vulnerable, leaving cars on either side of you that may choose to squeeze past you and the next thing you know you are laying on the ground with another car coming towards you.

Part of publishing your videos is getting criticised. We have all experienced it. But what is important, is how we learn from it. I look back at my self only a year ago, and i can see a vast difference in my behaviour on the road now, the comments from other cyclists has made me safer.

Fair play, when you put it like that Gaz.

Having just watched it again I've spotted my issues and would not have normally done that. What usually happens is I DO take the middle of the right hand lane and hold traffic back (at a good pace though) all the way to the next lights.

Thinking back, I was on a mission to catch up with the red light fiend because I'd planned to say something clever to him and then didn't really get a chance (the heat of the moment and no words coming out).

I could hear the black Renault in the left hand lane but shouldn't have bounced from lane to lane in front of him, although that video does make it look like he swerves quite a lot which I don't remember happening.

Hindsight's a great thing, and being humbled hurts slightly.

Oh well, just bought some Schwable Ultremo R1s, I'll be leaving the cars behind now!!;)

Lets all be friends, no jumping red lights though :angry:

deggers

I said the same reasoning, you are applying different reasoning.

how about a car creeping through the red light in the same way the cyclist did?
well.....i dont think id like that very much at all! I guess that makes me a hypocrite.oops!

Top Bottom