Helmet Camera advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had a look at the Akaso EK7000 as it seemed to be a good offer, but like DCBassman says, there are stellar reviews for it, but many many many dire ones... Akaso apparently offer free goodies if you post a 5* review..... some of the "poor" reviews are genuinely shocking.....

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can always find bad reviews, this is for a GoPro:
default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.jpg
Yanzi.lob

not good
9 December 2018
Verified Purchase
Style: Action Camera
In the use of the screen will often suddenly stuck, touch screen and all operations are unable to restart, including the use of the switch key. I will continue to use it several times. If the same problem still exists, I will apply for the return.

ianbarton

Veteran
I'm looking for something with adequate definition to identify a number plate if necessary and with a battery life longer than my hour-long commute.
I'm not tech savvy so any advice gratefully accepted.
Ta.

Just to add a couple of suggestions. If you can find one within your price range image stabilization will help to iron out some blur caused by vibration. If possible get one that can be recharged while you are using it. Battery life on most cameras is around 2hrs max. at 1080 definition and much less at 4k. It varies a lot between cameras, but 1080 will be able to identify number plates in most circumstances, whereas lower definitions will have more variable results.

Also, buy a spare battery for those days when it's raining and you need to use the waterproof case and you forgot to charge the battery.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have a Drift Stealth 2. Bar-mounted can produce somewhat bouncy footage. I have it on the side of my helmet for commuting as that means I can direct where it is pointing more easily, and it will catch mobile-phone addicts. The footage is usually more stable as well. The battery life - beware only to charge with 1amp chargers - mine deteriorated badly after using a 2amp charger so I have had to open it up & solder a new battery into place. I would look at the Ghost X next.

Top Bottom