Helmet Cameras. Opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sbeqs

Good afternoon fellow cycling folk.

Can you advise on a really cheap but functional helmet camera?
I want something that I can either record and store or save, tbh I don't really know too much about them, what I should look for or how much I should pay, but I'd like to get one eventually and I've dropped major hints about it for my birthday...

Any ideas?

MikeW-71

Veteran
Define really cheap....

IMHO, the best bang for the buck is the £94 GoPro. 3hrs recording at 1080p HD, loads of mounts available. Job's a goodun.

OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

Guys, your 'seriously cheap' is seriously still-too-much. I think I'm going to have to rethink this...

Dmcd33

Dogcam pro headcam is a good deal. You'll always get some form of discount code if you google them.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Buy cheap, buy twice (or three times). I started with an Action Cameras ATC2000, it was bulky, with poor audio and video quality. I then got a Veho Muvi, but it wouldn't pick up numberplates. I now have a Dogcam 7Twenty, but the piece covering the SD card and USB charging socket has broken so it's no good in the rain. Maybe I should have gone for the GoPro first time out...

OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

Obviously when I win the lottery, I can go for the bells-and-whistles but for now I just want something to record my trips out.

bikeman66

Guys, your 'seriously cheap' is seriously still-too-much. I think I'm going to have to rethink this...
The Garmin is astounding value at that price. What sort of price ballpark are you thinking of? If you are only thinking in terms of £30-40 it may be debatable whether it's worth doing at all.

OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

Luckily I have a wonderful man friend who has gifted me with a Xaiome (spelling?) Yi for my birthday!
I can't wait to get the accessories and (once my flat's fixed) get out there filming my adventures! :smile: :smile:

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
Don't overlook the tiny Mobius Action Cam. I've recently purchased one and is a great piece of kit for the money (1080p HD for under £50). Check out Techmoans review on Youtube. I've the handle bar mount but will be purchasing a windscreen mount to use is as an automatic dash cam during non biking spells. I bought mine from Banggood.

OP
OP
sbeqs

sbeqs

Beware buying accessories, I'm having a nightmare finding what I need, but fingers crossed I'll be able to video my journeys soon.

Top Bottom