Helmet discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, I just told that joke actually.
Mine was the original Noel Edmonds' "Golden Guillotine" version though....

Tin Pot

Guru
Luckily headphones are fashionably large, and so provide safety as well as serenity during an accident:

charlie-oompa.jpg

See the w*nkers are out in force today . I posted this to get opinions on this actual event , those who like to throw abuse and act like keyboard warriors need to man up and stop being 1st class tossers.

OK .. the basics
A helmet should compress and in doing so absorb energy

A helmet that splits and breaks up has failed to do this and is therefore a failure is design or function

How old was the helmet, had it ever been dropped, banged against a surface or carried in a bag with other items.

All of these could cause small fractures within the helmet structure that would compromise its function and cause splits along these weak points.....as demonstrated in the images of this helmet.

Was the helmet past its best and simply offering a false sense of security?

Dan B

Disengaged member
You could add: was it fastened properly, because 8/10 helmets I see are worn too loose

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I just refused to ride with a tour group because they refused to wear helmets. It may be thier head but I dont see why i should hav eto live with the fallout should somebody die or get brain damaged or something....not to mention insurance etc. But do they get it??Am I the bad guy?...yu bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I just refused to ride with a tour group because they refused to wear helmets. It may be thier head but I dont see why i should hav eto live with the fallout should somebody empty their skull all over North Cyprus and die or get brain damaged or something....not to mention insurance etc. But do they get it??Am I the bad guy?...yu bet.

You didn't make this fuss when YOU organised and led an Essex ride and people rode helmetless.

Does it say on your website, no plastic hat, no ride? If not, then I think it's only fair you should do,
And what is the helmet clause in your insurance?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
yes it does say about helmets on my website.
The essex ride wasnt a paying event

Besidesits entirely my call who I ride with.

Your policy could increase their risk of rotational injuries that could break their spinal cord and leave them paralysed.

Reactions: 4F
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom