Helmet discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
You take money off people and at the same time drastically increase their risk of rotational injuries that could break their spinal cord and leave them paralysed. You profit from placing people in danger.

I'll take that as a formal accusation that I am deliberatly placing people in danger by refusing to ride with people who don't wear helmets. You are insane.

To sum it up, it's a 'free choice' , vs Darwin argument. There are lots of these arguments in the world, that's life. The only time I get animated, is ( like today ) some adenoidal type, starts trying to quote 'statistics' at me, and try's to take the pee, because I wear a lid. Bad move very bad move. I've been on the receiving end of a bad clattering, I got away with it ( just ), I'm not going to tempt fate, and it was a painful and nasty experience, which left me zombified for months. Still each to their own. Until the law decrees, that people must wear a lid, then it is a matter of personal choice, like it, or like it not:thumbsup:.

I see the car as the crash helmet, the seat belt as the chin strap.

Then explain to me how come the risk of head injury is much more likely for motor vehicle occupants than cyclists. Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet in a car will have their brains all over etc .

BigonaBianchi

So you don't insist on people who share you car wearing a helmet?

I do insist on them wearing a seatbelt. Without one they dont get in my car. I can live with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

screenman

Legendary Member
Adrian, I am truly interested in my question, I think it needs answering to give us more of an understanding of a helmets effectiveness.

I do insist on them wearing a seatbelt. Without one they dont get in my car. I can live with that.

Half of all head injuries are caused by motor vehicle crashes. By refusing to enforce a mandatory helmet rule on anyone who gets in your car you are exposing far, far more people to risk of head injury. I don't know how you can live with yourself, frankly.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigonaBianchi

No problem with you at all.

Well thats not how it seems to me. Get off my case. It's very simple, if you don't like what's in the shop, don't buy it.

You want to ride without a helmet that's up to you, I really don't mind at all. But not with my company. So there's really no problem is there.
I'm pretty sure helmets are compulsory on lot'sof the sportives etc, I'm guessing that's ok though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
You never see people what have hit their head against the inside of the car?

Yes I have, I could show you a scar, also as a lot of my work is in body shops I see the aftermath of many collisions and realise how much a car protects its inhabitants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom