Helmet discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I have, I could show you a scar, also as a lot of my work is in body shops I see the aftermath of many collisions and realise how much a car protects its inhabitants.

Second time, then how come half of all serious head injuries are inflicted on people in cars?

Don't you care about these people?

So anybody in your car wears a cycle helmet? Maybe I shoud insist on cyclists wearing seat belts on their bikes?

I don't have a car.

So neither of the helmet fans can explain why they don't care about the head injuries of people in their car.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well thats not how it seems to me. Get off my case. It's very simple, if you don't like what's in the shop, don't buy it.

You want to ride without a helmet that's up to you, I really don't mind at all. But not with my company. So there's really no problem is there.
I'm pretty sure helmets are compulsory on lot'sof the sportives etc, I'm guessing that's ok though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not on your case. Quit the paranoia.
And I actually agree with you that with your company it's within your rights to insist on a helmet if it's written in your terms and conditions.
But, your hyperbole, people dead and brains all over the tarmac is just that, hyperbole, complete and utter over emotional nonsense.

I just refused to ride with a tour group because they refused to wear helmets. It may be thier head but I dont see why i should hav eto live with the fallout should somebody die or get brain damaged or something....not to mention insurance etc. But do they get it??Am I the bad guy?...yu bet.

Only someone who inhabits the most rarefied stratum of über-smugness would take to task a person who has been run over and killed for not wearing a helmet.

If that same person then admits he doesn't force people who share his car to wear a helmet then they're a rank hypocrite.

screenman

Legendary Member
So neither of the helmet fans can explain why they don't care about the head injuries of people in their car. Inhumane.

Who is a helmet fan?

You are a bit unusual in not owning a car, are you worried about getting hurt I one.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I'm not on your case. Quit the paranoia.
And I actually agree with you that with your company it's within your rights to insist on a helmet if it's written in your terms and conditions.
But, your hyperbole, people dead and brains all over the tarmac is just that, hyperbole, complete and utter over emotional nonsense.

Without helmets in a smash people do die, and if the truth is called 'utter over emotional nonsense ' then yes, I'm guilty of speaking emotionally.

Without helmets in a smash people do die, and if the truth is called 'utter over emotional nonsense ' then yes, I'm guilty of speaking emotionally.

Your logic is "wear a helmet when riding a bike". In fact you force people who ride with you to wear a helmet.

You simultaneously admit that you "don’t wear a helmet when walking about or driving, even though people hurt their heads while engaging in these activities."

That's correct, yes?

It’s worth pointing out that car and pedestrian helmets would save far more lives than cycle helmets, simply because there are many more car drivers/passengers and pedestrians than there are cyclists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom