helmet saved my life picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
According to the research they are!

But not massively so, only slightly and the very limited research that has been done is not that good. I prefer to shave with Occam's Razor which means that the "helmet saved my life" didn't. In reality if you factor in the TRL research on which accidents might have been survivable with a helmet (i.e. no other fatal injuries) you come down to 2 or 3 helmet saved my life stories a year as the maximum which could be true.

Xiorell

Über Member
i ware a helmet mostly due to the risk of low speed impact... I suppose if a car is gonna hit me at 60mph , I'm screwed either way, but I worry more about, what if I am coming to a stop and fall for some reason, crashing my head into the kurb

P.S - my misses wouldn't be happy with me not waring one :tongue:

Typical... they always think they know best!

I don't wear one because i think they look silly... terrible reasoning I know but that's the top and bottom of it for me.

That actually is part of the hypocrisy.....

We should ll be wearing full face helmets according to the medical experts, but you are allowed to argue against these using weight, comfort and looks as reasons for not wearing full face, yet they are no longer valid if you use the same arguments for not wearing a helmet at all

i ware a helmet mostly due to the risk of low speed impact... I suppose if a car is gonna hit me at 60mph , I'm screwed either way, but I worry more about, what if I am coming to a stop and fall for some reason, crashing my head into the kurb

And how likely is that and how likely is it that you would hit you head and seriously damage it doing so? I think you will find if that is what you and your partner are worried about and you are worried by that level of risk there are many other places you should be wearing a helmet like when using stairs or out walking or driving. Remember only a tiny fraction of head injuries are caused by cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom