helmet saved my life picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The amount of energy needed to break some foam, is less than what is needed to break your head. I doubt that such an impact would kill a helmet less cyclists. His helmet just saved his head from some cuts.

Well I for one would rather the helmet took that impact than my skull.

Which is why all children should wear a thudguard?

30009_88924.jpg

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sorry Cunobelin - usually you talk a lot of sense, this time you appear have descended to the puerile level of argument that you deride in those who suggest wearing fruit on your head in order to head butt a brick wall.

Why can't we all accept that some prefer to wear helmets and some don't ?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Agree Joe.... I'm sick of being lectured at by both sides of this debate, but I get really p*ssed off when people criticize a style of pointless and irrelevant argument in one thread (when it's used against their POV) and then a couple of days later use exactly the same style of argument in support of their own POV.

It's pointless - and like I said before, puerile.

raindog

er.....
Sorry Cunobelin - usually you talk a lot of sense, this time you appear have descended to the puerile level of argument that you deride in those who suggest wearing fruit on your head in order to head butt a brick wall.
I assumed Cunobelin was being ironic?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I assumed Cunobelin was being ironic?

So did I.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Drawing inferences from a single data point: fags aren't bad for you because my granny smoked 60 woodbines a day and lived to be 100. Population level studies show something else.

Tow Path Terror

each to their own imo. i haven't worn a helmet for over 25 years of cycling, have been knocked off my bike and sent 40 yards down the road on ice, and done nothing more than rip my shorts. Now, however, i choose to wear one on the road because of the sheer amount of traffic, but not on my local tow path. Maybe age has something to do with it? And the fact i have a young family? but whatever you wear, or don't, its your freedom of choice!

Dan B

Disengaged member
Hmm, I have a not dissimilar picture from one of the two occasions I've banged my head on tarmac (as an adult: not counting childhood injuries)

http://www.flickr.co...metsavedmylife/

It actually makes a more convincing case for helmets than your picture, because you can see the helmet crushed instead of snapping, so absorbed much more energy

It still doesn't make a very convincing case, because on the other occasion I was bareheaded, hit the ground harder and am still here. Didn't get a photo of the clotted blood on my scalp though, sorry.

Why can't we all accept that some prefer to wear helmets and some don't ?

This was in response to the proposed experiment that: ...

If you bang your head on a wall - it will hurt

If you bang your head on a wall wearing a helmet it hurts less....

This is supposedly proof that helmets should be worn.

I simply pointed out that wearing a fruit (or vegetable) with a hard shell and soft inner would also hurt less, and ergo by the same standrd of proof proves wearing fruit is beneficial to cyclists.......

Same experiment, same "proof", and the same validity to the results.

497789624NqmRlD_fs.jpg

In the same way the Thudguard exectly mirrors the helmet debate. Medical endorsement, the emotive blackmail attempts, the endorsement of Road Safety organisations.....

Why shouldn't we give equal consideration to the THudguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom