Helmet smells worse than me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been a hot week..that's for sure! Went to put my helmet on for the ride today...it's stinking! Can you wash a helmet? Thinking of putting it in the bath...would that work?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Russ

vickster

Legendary Member
Wash it in warm water in a bucket with some washing liquid/handwash. Then let it dry. The pads are the likely culprit, often can be removed and even replaced

My Specialized gel mitts whiff despite washing - any suggestions on resurrecting those from their corpse-like state would be appreciated too :biggrin:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's been a hot week..that's for sure! Went to put my helmet on for the ride today...it's stinking! Can you wash a helmet? Thinking of putting it in the bath...would that work?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Russ
When I was in the prison service and we had to wear helmets when going into incidents, there was a spray that we used when we finished with them. I think it cleaned plus killed any odours or germs that may have been lurking. Can't remember what it was called though, sorry.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Wash it in warm water in a bucket with some washing liquid/handwash. Then let it dry. The pads are the likely culprit, often can be removed and even replaced

My Specialized gel mitts whiff despite washing - any suggestions on resurrecting those from their corpse-like state would be appreciated too :biggrin:
Eww whiffy mitts... :sad: lol

400bhp

Guru

#repeat
bicarb of soda

:hello:

KneesUp

Guru
The answer to every domestic cleaning question is either bicarb of soda or vinegar. Try one of them. If it doesn't work, try the other. If it still doesn't work your helmet will really stink and you should burn it.

(this is the thing you wear on your head you're asking about I hope? Otherwise do not take my advice)

Top Bottom