Helmet smells worse than me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Ok so soaked the helmet in a mixture of water and detergent...the colour of the water tells me that I should probably do it more often!!!

Ganymede

Veteran
I leave my helmet out in the hot sun for a few hours, that kills any bacteria, works for clothing too
This is a really good idea. I use sunshine to bleach out stains - it will even remove turmeric (treat with bicarb in a little water first). Must get Mr G's ski stuff out there.

I hang my feather duvets out in the sun, they come in all lofty and smelling all toasty. Pure pleasure.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I disagree - a buff keeps your head warm in winter and in summer it soaks up the sweat then evaporates it before it soaks the pads. I wear one all year round.

(It might be different if I had hair though, I admit!)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I disagree - a buff keeps your head warm in winter and in summer it soaks up the sweat then evaporates it before it soaks the pads. I wear one all year round.

(It might be different if I had hair though, I admit!)
At the rate that my hair is falling out, it probably won't be long before I will be a 12 months of the year Buff rider too! :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A lightweight scull cap or buff is essential on hot days. Absorbs the sweat, which is then evaporated with the air vents on my lid. Works better than any caps alone for me, but I am a sweatty pig.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Ah, actual reality. Not always as interesting as virtual but the resolution is good.

And with less buttons to press.:rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A lightweight scull cap or buff is essential on hot days. Absorbs the sweat, which is then evaporated with the air vents on my lid. Works better than any caps alone for me, but I am a sweatty pig.
I am using a lightweight bandana for that. The only problem is that people probably think that I think I look cool, in a 'before-he-died' Pantani-like way. It's ok - I don't! I am more interested in staying cool, than looking cool. :becool:

Licramite

Über Member
I found the most important thing about soaking a helmet , is to take it off first. :laugh:

i wear asweat band under mine and that gets pritty manky but save's the helmet somwhat.

Buy a mesh wash bag from eg Lakeland, use it to wash the pads as part of a routine machine wash. I also use them for mitts and overshoes to protect the rest of the wash from the velcro fastenings.

Top Bottom