Helmet split and dented, jersey holed, arm gashed, groin strained, yes i've come off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Given the amount of hostility shown to anyone who dare suggest that head protection might help reduce the effects of an impact, I'd say that the vocal minority are just winning this one on decibels at the moment.
Please list the posters here who have denied "head protection might help reduce the effects of an impact"

Reactions: 4F
I think it is covered by BS EN 1078:1997?
And then EN 1080 for children's helmets.

But remember the manufacturers self certify that their helmets met the standards whereas Which, AIUI, wemt amd tested them to the standard and found they failed. Not that it matters much because the standard tests only impacts on the top of the helmet. Its anyone's guess how they perform when hit on the side.

Octet

Veteran
But remember the manufacturers self certify that their helmets met the standards whereas Which, AIUI, wemt amd tested them to the standard and found they failed. Not that it matters much because the standard tests only impacts on the top of the helmet. Its anyone's guess how they perform when hit on the side.

Oh right, I didn't know they could be self certified.
I still would rather wear one then not :tongue:

Are you implying that the force to split a lid at 13mph is not enough to incur a brain injury, and there are many instances of pedestrians sustaining a brain injury through tripping and banging their head on the kerb.

Take a sheet of 1" thick polystyrene insulation and hit someone over the head with it until it breaks. Did it cause brain injury?

Octet

Veteran
I think it is time we draw the compression Vs fracture argument to a close?

A cup of tea anyone?
Or considering it is National Waffle Day :hungry:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I think it is time we draw the compression Vs fracture argument to a close?

A cup of tea anyone?

Tea v Coffee ?

Linford

I wouldn't hold you breath. To save time I have listed below the posters in question:-

I don't think I missed anyone.

So everyone posting here thinks that a lid will help to reduce the impact of any bang on the head - Glad we are inagreement :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom