Helmet straps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Just as a point of interest has anyone ever managed to remove and refit the straps in a cycle helmet? Looking at it it seems to be a single continuous length of webbing looped around half a dozen times, doubled back on itself before giving up and consigning the whole thing to the bin. I would just comment that I am NOT trying to do this, it is just idle curiosity.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
No, but I'd be impressed if you manage it!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I've done it a few times, to wash the strap in the washing machine..
There are two straps, one long, the other short.
Best advice is to try and remember how the clasp and side tensioners is fitted as this can get tricky.
Take a photo at various stages if this helps

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you wear a buff you won't need to wash your helmet.

mattobrien

Guru
Managed it regularly with my previous Spesh lid, not tried it with the current one - the straps are a more forgiving colour, so the grime doesn't show up as much and it hasn't started to whiff yet...

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Just as a point of interest has anyone ever managed to remove and refit the straps in a cycle helmet? Looking at it it seems to be a single continuous length of webbing looped around half a dozen times, doubled back on itself before giving up and consigning the whole thing to the bin. I would just comment that I am NOT trying to do this, it is just idle curiosity.
Yes I've done it several times, its a bit of a faf but worth it.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I've done it a few times, to wash the strap in the washing machine..
There are two straps, one long, the other short.
Best advice is to try and remember how the clasp and side tensioners is fitted as this can get tricky.
Take a photo at various stages if this helps

I've done it a couple of times, pretty much as you described it above. Having another helmet to look at in case it gets confusing is helpful. Not a difficult task I'd say.

Top Bottom