Helmet survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Ok, by suggesting them I thought you did.
So they might be inappropriate as substitutes in an environment they weren't designed for.

I've often wondered about the skateboard helmets as I see a handful of riders wearing them on my commute.

Jody

Stubborn git
Ok, by suggesting them I thought you did.
So they might be inappropriate as substitutes in an environment they weren't designed for.

I've often wondered about the skateboard helmets as I see a handful of riders wearing them on my commute.

It was more that they are out there but not specifically designed for road/MTB which is what the OP must be angling for. I assume integrity for multi impact must be compromised if you start allowing for a decent amount of ventilation.

Drago

Legendary Member
It was more that they are out there but not specifically designed for road/MTB which is what the OP must be angling for. I assume integrity for multi impact must be compromised if you start allowing for a decent amount of ventilation.

Ah, that would make more sense. That said, the only thing stopping the average rider using the same lifts for both is the fashion police.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Flawed Jack. It only asks about cycling, what about walking, running, winter hill walking, scrambling, climbing, skiing, drinking etc. You are not going to understand much about people's attitudes and understanding of risk from your study.

OP
OP
J

jack9266

Flawed Jack. It only asks about cycling, what about walking, running, winter hill walking, scrambling, climbing, skiing, drinking etc. You are not going to understand much about people's attitudes and understanding of risk from your study.

Im not asking about peoples attitude to risk it is just a study on people attitude to wearing a bike helmet and if more people are more inclined to wear one on the road due to cars etc or off road due to their being more static object such and branches which you might hit your head against etc - thats why the thread name is survey for bike helmets....

OP
OP
J

jack9266

Looking at a few answers a few people are confused by the meaning of multi-impact, when a helmet basically can be hit several times from a branch-to crashing and your heading hitting the floor- and it still remains safe to use no matter how many times this happens- it is shown after an EPS (polystyrene) helmet what is pretty much in every helmet is dropped just, it loses it integrity on the inside of the helmet even though the outside shell looks fine and could/would fail EU standard tests- Whilst a multi-impact would still pass no matter how many time your drop it, so for off-roading this could be a better helmet maybe?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Im not asking about peoples attitude to risk it is just a study on people attitude to wearing a bike helmet and if more people are more inclined to wear one on the road due to cars etc or off road due to their being more static object such and branches which you might hit your head against etc - thats why the thread name is survey for bike helmets....

I would suggest that a person's attitude to risk is a primary factor in choosing whether or not to wear a helmet for any given activity. A survey on helmet wearing can't avoid that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

No the thread title is Helmet survey unless I am seeing something different. Off road is also pretty vague, that could be anything from a pootle along a canal towpath or forest enterprise track or through the local park to a gnarly rock fest with big drops and jumps.

Jody

Stubborn git
Multi impact is pretty self explanatory.

so for off-roading this could be a better helmet maybe?

The other way to look at it is it may not deform and absorb the impact in the same way if its a multi impact lid.

Top Bottom