Helmets: Should you wear one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil

I don't agree they should be made compulsory. We need to encourage people generally to take up cycling and many might be put off because they feel self conscious about wearing a helmet. Making them compulsory for anyone over 16 would, I believe, be an own goal in making cycling more popular. :blush:

macca

Impossible to police, think about teens riding around sideroads. If it were that easy to clampdown then they would be off the pavements.

Phew, three posts in the time it takes to conceive and give birth to a human. If this were cyclingplus this would be a hundred pager by now.

Serenity

Where I am it is mandatory by law to wear a helmet if you are under 18 years of age. A lot of head injuries are taken care of by the health care system because of lack of medical insurance. It is a drain to public funds when careless people allow their children to ride dangerously and cannot afford the medical bills.

Townsend

I think helmets should not be mandatory. However, I think anyone over 18 who rides without one and gets brain-injured because of an accident should be decapitated before they cost us too much money.

Wow, I can't believe I said that! :blush:

Serenity

And do YOU use a helmet every time? I do. I just hope nothing happens to you one day without a lid. Your loved ones would be devastated. :blush:

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
I wear a helmet (except when its really hot) but compulsory - no, never. ever.

Brock

Of course it shouldn't be compulsory, and no I don't wear one. These two facts are entirely unrelated.

Keith Oates

Janner
I wear a helmet most of the time but not always, the rides without are usually shorter trips and not on a roadie. As for compulsion I say NO, it's up to the individuals to make up their own minds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom