Helmets will be obsolete in 10 years... a prediction, folly or vested interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I want a full body one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not at that price they won't. And I see they didn't mention lifespan of durability of these. 200 sheets every couple of years is more than most 2 wheeled users spend on bikes.

Danny

Legendary Member
As well as the price, more thought would need to be given to how you wear it. The picture in the Telegraph implies it is part of a jacket, which would be OK for riding in winter, but what about summer when you just want to wear just a t-shirt or light weight cycling top?

Personally it strikes me as an over-engineered solution, and it would be better to spend time looking at how to make sure helmets provide (even) more protection.

Danny

Legendary Member
Mss Rapples has one, never though of wearing it on the bike though:angel:
If your bike riding style is as dodgy as your arguments you would be well advised to wear one.

This is an interesting alternative from the US based Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute

We asked two noted helmet experts what thickness of foam would be required to turn a current bike helmet into an anti-concussion helmet by keeping the CPSC two-meter flat anvil drop test below 100g. Here is the result.

anticoncussionhelmet.jpg

Attachments

• anticoncussionhelmet.jpg
    anticoncussionhelmet.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom