Helmets will be obsolete in 10 years... a prediction, folly or vested interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why don't you guys give OP a break. He took the trouble to put something of interest for some. The forum has been a maze and most people tend to be intuitive with these things.

Not if your wearing a thudguard :okay: it would just be a neck injury.

Doctor, I.m not feelingtoo well....

34259-Headless-Woman-Costume.jpg

Attachments

• 34259-Headless-Woman-Costume.jpg
    34259-Headless-Woman-Costume.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 50

Davidc

Guru
I think there has been more discussion on executions than helmets!

Is there an "Executions" section
If there is I have some nominations for it...

Going back to the OP's original question, I might wear it on a cold winters day if they halved the price, It would help to keep my neck warm and allow me to wear a wooly hat instead of a helmet. Would not wear in anything much above freezing really as it would be far too sweaty.

Seriously, air bag helmets right now? When there is a recall of 34 million cars because of airbags firing shrapnel into the soft bodies they are supposed to protect? It seems very dubious to have something armed to move at an explosive speed around your neck while operating complicated machinery. @Cunobelin picture above illustrates what might happen.

(haven't read the actual article - don't like to click telegraph links)

Last edited:

Licramite

Über Member
well appart from putting a potential explosive device on your neck I think the idea of if I come off its going to cost me £200 would act as a pretty effective deterant to coming off, -
Me I'm just going to go for the cheeper method, its a sticker I put on my head saying "It won't happen to me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom