Help...Bike for big hills.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
It had a crosstrail.. It was like riding with concrete wheels. Sold it

I think I will leave the crosstail typre bike well alone what ever the brand.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Cyclesurgery has a Cube for sale at £749 but unsure about the model does anyone care to have a look and see if you have minute..

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

Not quite low enough gearing..

My top bike at the moment is the Specialized Comp which runs 48/34 front and an 11/36 cassette which is really good I think, but a triple seems only low geared on them crosstrail bikes.
Both Giant and Cannondale do good bikes as well but not with low gearing unless its got a road/off road set up....

Thanks for looking.. :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I don't know what this gearing stuff means, sorry

Its way above my little brain... :biggrin:
Thanks for looking.. :smile:

chqshaitan

Guru
Yep.. great tip.
What sort of weights should be best. 2kilo each side perhaps.. :smile:

Well, I would say something heavy enough so you dont struggle too much holding it while you are doing the squats.

I would say maybe 6 kilo in each hand for starters. Depends how strong your arms/forearms are and what your legs can take.

Since you can comfortably do 20 reps on each leg several times a day, you want to significantly increase the weight or change technique so you max out at around 10.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Well, I would say something heavy enough so you dont struggle too much holding it while you are doing the squats.

I would say maybe 6 kilo in each hand for starters. Depends how strong your arms/forearms are and what your legs can take.

Since you can comfortably do 20 reps on each leg several times a day, you want to significantly increase the weight or change technique so you max out at around 10.

I got some weights in the garage somewhere, I'll dig em out..

Cheers.. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom