Help, I've run out of bike cleaning cloths!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
I get really sad when a band/tour T-shirt becomes so worn it gets demoted to bike cleaning.
You sir are the devil, get thee behind me, my gig T shirts get retired to a bottom drawer.

byegad

Legendary Member
Should this be in the mechanics forum? :whistle: :laugh:
As per title, got no more old tees, linen, towels, even used up the emergency holey socks to oil a chain.
I've been using 3 bikes, the commuter, the ice bike, the snow tractor.
They need cleaning almost after every ride or they seize.
What am I gonna do???
Hope the 4 bottles of GT85 will last me till spring ...

You are a very sick person, with OBC* Disorder and need professional help.

*OBC Obsessive Bike Cleaning! You should be riding it, not cleaning it!

MikeG

Guru
Classic 33 has dozens of left over cloaks I'm sure he'd be willing to share. There's probably the odd shroud or two as well. Better that than ripping the lining out of your mother-in-law's curtains when she's not looking.

U

User32269

"Pop Up" shops seem to be all the rage now. Why not just open a pop up Clothes For Cash Shop at home? 50p a kilo seems to be about the average rate. A couple of quid should see you well stocked up in bike cleaning rags.
Your local hipsters will love the concept of a pop up artisan rag and bone emporium, in no time at all you will be wiping bikes down with an almost endless supply of ironic waistcoats.

postman

Legendary Member
43 hour round trip!!

I kid you not.I read that as 43" round hip.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Update: I'm back in business: went to the Salvation Army shop (cheapest around here), they sell their rags to the rag man, so I bought a cotton bed sheet for £1.99, that will do me for a while ^_^
BigCat got a wee present too, a soft mat to snooze on near the radiator for £1.50.

classic33

Leg End Member
Update: I'm back in business: went to the Salvation Army shop (cheapest around here), they sell their rags to the rag man, so I bought a cotton bed sheet for £1.99, that will do me for a while ^_^
BigCat got a wee present too, a soft mat to snooze on near the radiator for £1.50.
No need to collect any more then?

arch684

Veteran
Was it a single or double ?

Top Bottom