Help lose weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitingdan

Regular
hey everyone

I'm male 30 years old 5,7 and weighting 14,12 stone
I want to be losing four stone only think is I'm a postie so I'm walking 8 to 10 miles a day, so the time I get home I'm tried legs are killing.

I'm hoping one of you guys could come up with a plan so I can get back on my bike and start losing the belly

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at and record everything you eat and drink, unfortunately you won't lose weight without eating less

My fitness pal is a good way to record, be honest though. Can use your smart phone as a pedometer too

Try stretching your legs at the end of the day and have a hot bath to ease some of the aches. Also look at what you are wearing on your feet, poor fitting shoes can be a killer

Good luck :smile:

Big Andy

Über Member
Get on your bike now. Start off with short rides and build up slowly. I would also recommend joining Slimming World. In my opinion the main issue when it comes to weight is what you eat. Slimming World works for most people. I lost 7 stone on it.

T4tomo

Guru
Walking 8-10 miles a day is good exercise so may be look at input, how much and what are you eating. It's a question of calories in vs calories burnt, no easy way.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
hey everyone

I'm male 30 years old 5,7 and weighting 14,12 stone
I want to be losing four stone only think is I'm a postie so I'm walking 8 to 10 miles a day, so the time I get home I'm tried legs are killing.

I'm hoping one of you guys could come up with a plan so I can get back on my bike and start losing the belly

Thanks
Put the fork down.

Big Andy

Über Member
Make sure your eating plenty so you are full after each meal, helps prevent snacking on sugary things.
Means eating lots of veg and other low energy density foods so you feel full but the calories from it is minimal.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
I've lost 20kg since the start of this year. Perhaps sadly that's mostly due to calorie counting not exercise, the exercise helps but as a rule of thumb weight loss is 80% controlling what goes in and 20% by increasing expenditure. It's actually rather more complicated than that but in practice, eat less calories is the answer.

MyFitnessPal as suggested above is a great help. Or weight watchers though I've no personal experience of that.

Drago

Legendary Member
Eat less, exercise more. T'ain't difficult, you just gotta face the reality. Lost 17.5lb since June with portion control, a ban of fizzy pop, and upping the exercise (running in my case).

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Dan (this is a guess ;)), you probably do more exercise than most of the population already. Adding cycling is no bad thing, but it's not a panacea sadly.
If you don't drink, it has to be the food intake.

It's not easy, but swapping things that fill you up with fewer calories and not eating the things that are calorie dense but do nothing for your feeling of fullness in the long term helps. The advice in that area is endless ;).

Top Bottom