Help me choose a colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern

FWIW, I much prefer that type of stripe to the barber's pole one.

But in the midnight blue...

Cyclist33

My Son says about me " You used to be indecisive, but now your not sure....."

I've just ordered a new frame - a Mercian Strada Speciale but for the life of me I can't decide which colours to go for. I have plenty of time to decide as it's about a 5 - 6 month wait from placing the order to getting the frame (which makes it worse)

I already have the group set, Shimano Ultegra in dark grey so it needs to go with that. I love dark colours, but my favourite colour is blue and I don't have a bike with any blue on it so it would be nice but not a given.

I've had a play around with some colour schemes....

Black/Champagne/White
I do like this, and keep coming back to it. I think the Ultegra Group set would go well with this
View attachment 37066

Black/Orange/Silver
Again the Ultegra would go well and the splash of orange I like

View attachment 37070

Now the blues..
Electric Blue/Champagne/Silver
Nice but not sure the dark grey Ultegra would look right

View attachment 37071

Midnight Blue/Champagne/silver

I like this, a lot. The group set would look fine I think
View attachment 37072
And finally this.
Ice Blue/Black/Silver
A light blue, but the black would mean the group set wouldn't look out of place. I like it,but not so sure!
View attachment 37073
Help!

Finally the forum has come to this!

You couldn't really get any more subjective.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
FWIW, I much prefer that type of stripe to the barber's pole one.

But in the midnight blue...
I like them both, the barbers pole is a bit marmite, but I do like it. The bands also, but they seem maybe a tad plain? The barbers pole on the midnight blue/champagne is my favourite.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I like them both, the barbers pole is a bit marmite, but I do like it. The bands also, but they seem maybe a tad plain? The barbers pole on the midnight blue/champagne is my favourite.
It does have character, and there's a lot to be said for being a bit unusual...

vickster

Legendary Member
Anything but black. I like the blue ones

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
"The barbers pole on the midnight blue/champagne is my favourite."

Thats the paint job to order then.

At the end of the day its your bike ,what anyone else says / thinks is of no consequence.

Cyclist33

I know.

A cyclist asking fellow cyclists on a cycling forum their thoughts/opinions on a cycling related matter. F***ing mad innit!

At least questions on technical opinions can carry some level of objectivity though! You might just as well ask for opinions on which girl at work you should fancy.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike