Help me choose a colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
My Son says about me " You used to be indecisive, but now your not sure....."

I've just ordered a new frame - a Mercian Strada Speciale but for the life of me I can't decide which colours to go for. I have plenty of time to decide as it's about a 5 - 6 month wait from placing the order to getting the frame (which makes it worse)

I already have the group set, Shimano Ultegra in dark grey so it needs to go with that. I love dark colours, but my favourite colour is blue and I don't have a bike with any blue on it so it would be nice but not a given.

I've had a play around with some colour schemes....

Black/Champagne/White
I do like this, and keep coming back to it. I think the Ultegra Group set would go well with this
View attachment 37066

Black/Orange/Silver
Again the Ultegra would go well and the splash of orange I like

View attachment 37070

Now the blues..
Electric Blue/Champagne/Silver
Nice but not sure the dark grey Ultegra would look right

View attachment 37071

Midnight Blue/Champagne/silver

I like this, a lot. The group set would look fine I think
View attachment 37072
And finally this.
Ice Blue/Black/Silver
A light blue, but the black would mean the group set wouldn't look out of place. I like it,but not so sure!
View attachment 37073
Help!
They all look nice but surely a lovely bike like that deserves Campagnolo. Remember, Shi***o wears out, Campagnolo wears in :thumbsup:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They all look nice but surely a lovely bike like that deserves Campagnolo. Remember, Shi***o wears out, Campagnolo wears in :thumbsup:

Whilst this may have had some foundation a while back you are on fairly shaky ground claiming that now. I suspect your comments are a bit tongue in cheek though.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I'd go for either the electric or the midnight blue.

Top Bottom