Help me find "this" app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
Hi
At the gym I was talking to a woman who is a keen cyclist and uses the Watt Bikes in our gym, which I have tended to steer clear of.

She was full of how great it was, and how she was following a programme on this app which told her what watts to do, for how long, over a training run.

Obvs - I can ask her to tell me the name again, but I dont see her for weeks on end, so in the meantime ..

It was an app on her iphone, she can connect it directly to the gym's Watt Bike - she had to do a base level test first to set up her own parameters. The diagram she showed me on the screen had a graph on it that looked like a bar chart (the target watts) ~and a much more line-y graph of her own actual watts during her ride.

The name was something really obvious with words like road / bike in it - but when I look in the app store, there are lots of games with such names, so I didn't spot it.

Anyone got any ideas what it might be?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Unsupringly it is called Wattbike or Wattbike Hub, depending on the platform.

OP
OP
suzeworld

suzeworld

Veteran
Thanks ... what she was using was not called wattbike - though if that app does the same things I could use that.

She said it can be put into strava - though I dont use starva much, I am thinking of using it more

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Maybe let's start from the beginning. What is it that you want to achieve? Wattbike Hub will provide the most detailed metrics (including the polar view) and links up to Strava. You can also use Zwift if you want the video game/racing experience.

Personally I used to use my Garmin head unit, then moved to Wattbike Hub when that came along, but have now switched to Zwift for the racing.

If you just want to record your efforts I would suggest Wattbike Hub linked into Strava.

Does it only connect with ant
It seems pretty well explained here:

Caveat: as I don't access to Wattbikes, I just skimmed the article.

OP
OP
suzeworld

suzeworld

Veteran
Crikey - I don't really know much about it yet. I just thought it might be interesting to use the Wattbikes, since the gym provides them.

As luck would have it, I met the same woman again today ... and the app she is using is called Trainer Road .. and apparently guys in our local bike club use / recommend it .. I will try it out!

Thanks

Top Bottom