Help me help the father-in-law!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CopperCyclist

CopperCyclist

Veteran
Yeah I know - its very much like him :smile: He started off wanting Italian, then the British side started appealing, he found a bike he liked, and went with it. His budget was higher, but he picked what he wanted - guess that's a good things really!

But yeah, the Italian thing went! I also think he said he paid 1700 for the frame

Speedywheelsjeans

Jesus-H-Christ, how much:eek:

Respect due to the fella, and FWIW I'd go for a Team Sky replica Pinarello, mmmmmmmm is nice:wub:

Seconded... Dogma ......carbon + Dura Ace groupset!!! :hyper: oooooooooooooooohhh

Speedywheelsjeans

Well, decision was made! I don't think he hit his full budget at all, but he went with the bike he found and wanted - a Kinesis Ti Racelight. As promised, pictures are below:

(Ignore the saddle colour - its a 'test' saddle from the bike shop to see if he finds it comfortable before buying a normal coloured one!)

I love the look of freshly machined Ti .... I once set a lathe on fire trying to take 2mm cuts off a Ti rod with a cheap tool .... The swarf got hot and reacted incredibly just bursting into flame.. left the Ti rod with a purple blue flamed streaks! ... would probably go with the purple saddle:becool:

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Yeah I know - its very much like him :smile: He started off wanting Italian, then the British side started appealing, he found a bike he liked, and went with it. His budget was higher, but he picked what he wanted - guess that's a good things really!

But yeah, the Italian thing went! I also think he said he paid 1700 for the frame

Fair play to him :bravo:

I bought my Kinesis for three reasons, (in no particular order)
a, i wanted to self build
b, i wanted the finished bike to look retro...ish
c, The British thing is an added bonus.

Though i must admit to drooling just a little :crazy: over these Dutch beauties http://vannicholas.com/Default.aspx

Top Bottom