help to upload tcx files to garmin 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiwifruit

Über Member
hi, can anyone help me to upload tcx files on to my garmin. There are a few courses on Ride with GPS that other people have done which I am thinking of doing. I have exported the tcx file and download it, then transfer to a new folder in my garmin, i can't see it in my garmin when i switch it on. So I also transfer the tcx file to the courses folder and also can't see it on the garmin when switch on. Is it something that I have miss or done wrong?

huwsparky

Über Member
I had problems also. Used the built in route planner in GC and it exported to 500 no problems.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You should only upload/drag and drop to the New Files folder on the Garmin.
Have you checked that you have enough memory to take the file? May be worth deleting some old fit files and old courses you no longer need.

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
You should only upload/drag and drop to the New Files folder on the Garmin.
Have you checked that you have enough memory to take the file? May be worth deleting some old fit files and old courses you no longer need.
Also tried drag and drop, plenty of memory. I did a clean up a couple of days ago.

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
I had problems also. Used the built in route planner in GC and it exported to 500 no problems.
Yes I can built route on GC and export to the 500. Is just there's courses on Ride with GPS that I wanted to do that other riders has done.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When you say back your files, so you mean everything on the garmin?, then do a factory setting?

Your history files and your routes/courses.

Ihatehills

I'll be interested to know if you figure this out, I've had an edge touring and now I've got an 810 and i can only import gpx files not tcx although I'm sure that it's supposed to recognise both

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
I'll be interested to know if you figure this out, I've had an edge touring and now I've got an 810 and i can only import gpx files not tcx although I'm sure that it's supposed to recognise both
I have back up the files as ianrauk suggested but with no joy, think I just give up, been trying for the last 2 days.

Top Bottom