HELP! TREK 7.3 FX'06 Vs '09 model, is it true that the '06 is overall a better bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proa

Hi,

I bought a bicycle this weekend as I intend to commute as soon as the weather allows it (I live in Montreal). I bought what I thought to be a 09' model of the Trek 7.3 FX with a sale price of $500 CAD. Web searching I found out that what I really bought is the '06 model (not with disc brakes).:biggrin: Apparently in the bike store they made a mistake when they told me it was a last year model, but they assure me that the price is a great deal as the the original price was $630 CAD and because apparently the '06 model has a better set of components that the 09'. :evil:
Reimbursement is apparently not an option (even though they still have the bike in the store), so what I can do is to upgrade it to the 2010 model for an extra of $220. Can someone advice me on this?, I honestly don't want to keep the bike an feel rob or knowing that the only thing they want is to get rid of a 06 model because no one else will buy it (it is a 15" bike). I’m 1.5 m tall by the way so the best frame for me is a 13” (so I was told in a different bikestore). Also, if I upgrade the bike I will make sure that they give me the WSD version.

Hope someone can advise me soon…
Cheers,

Top Bottom