Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why not? You're far from the largest gent to climb aboard! Did you learn as a child? If so, people rarely forget - it's like riding a bike. If not, then there are groups who can help adults get started cycling. Get on and get rolling... it's lovely out there (or it will be once this dratted fog blows away!) :thumbsup:

snorri

Legendary Member
Start off with short trips, don't worry about the distance covered, just try increasing minutes in the saddle for the first few weeks. Better to go out four times in the day for 15 minutes each rather than once a day for an hour.:okay:

Slick

Guru
If you are scared of riding, why did you buy a bike?
I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's because he's 24 stone and would prefer not to be.

As others have said, just do it, try not to be so self aware or self conscious and start with short flat rides. Everybody here started somewhere, I certainly did, and made myself chuckle every time I passed what I thought was my limit on my daily commute. Don't be so hard on yourself and enjoy.

S-Express

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's because he's 24 stone and would prefer not to be.

Lots of other ways of losing weight though. Far better to engage in something you enjoy, rather than taking on something which scares you. The outcome is likely to be better and more sustainable.

S-Express

I just feel to big on the bike

If that's the bike in your avatar, then it does look small - how tall are you?

vickster

Legendary Member
Perhaps try Slimming World or similar for a few months, and be (at least) a couple of stone lighter when the warmer weather comes and ready for cycling :smile:

Add walking into your daily routine in the meantime

Top Bottom