Helpful London Motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
I really do not know why so many people on here complain about London motorists. I have to say I have found they to be very helpful and chatty the last week.

As I cycle between Stratford and Aldgate and then from Tower Hill to Parliament Square, I am amazed at the number that want to chat with me and want to share their knowledge that the blue lane on my left is a cycle route.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The huge amount of London motorists are very good but they dont make very good you tube vids.

Though isn't there a thread for good drivers?

Karlt

Oh, it's not just in London. Only yesterday a guy in a sports car kindly made me aware he was there by leaning on his horn just behind me, then after passing me wiggled his steering wheel to point out I'd wiggled a bit going down the hill. It was quite unnecessary as I was well aware of the fact, having done it on purpose to avoid a couple of potholes, but it's the thought that counts.

EthelF

Rain God
Spen666 is absolutely right, just the other day I saw a taxi driver toot his horn in encouragement at a cyclist riding on the road near Ludgate Circus, and then go on to point agitatedly at in the adjacent cycle lane. I think he was saying "Good for you, riding on the road, lass, you'll get where you're going much faster than all those suckers in that overcrowded cycle track".
I have to comfess to being one of those suckers...

Wolf616

Über Member
I must have looked tired cycling up a hill the other day as one motorist kindly nudged me off my bicycle for a little lie down.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I must have looked tired cycling up a hill the other day as one motorist kindly nudged me off my bicycle for a little lie down.

Im sorry, but i had a right laugh just imagining you just rolling off your bike and into a pose on the tarmac with sunglasses on and giving your hair a little flick

screenman

Legendary Member
I am a motorist and I stopped and helped a chap change a tube today, I always carry a 700c and MTB tube along with a track pump in the car for times like that. I bet though we all do the same, so please do not tar all motorists with the sme brush.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Oh, it's not just in London. Only yesterday a guy in a sports car kindly made me aware he was there by leaning on his horn just behind me, then after passing me wiggled his steering wheel to point out I'd wiggled a bit going down the hill. It was quite unnecessary as I was well aware of the fact, having done it on purpose to avoid a couple of potholes, but it's the thought that counts.
You are being a bit cynical, methinks. He was probably sounding his horn and wiggling his steering wheel to say 'Well done, fella! Great riding skills' Or maybe he was wiggling around some potholes himself and his hand accidentally slipped onto the horn. :whistle:

Top Bottom